A Bad Grade

I sit on the edge of our bed, flopping down on the red silk sheets. My fingers pick at the skirt of my dress and I bite my lip nervously, pulling my scrunched hair into a messy bun.

Alec leans against the wall and looks at me. "We should go to school. So nothing gets so obvious."

"What if Evalina is there?" I gulp, crossing my arms.  Once he holds his hand out, I take it and get to my feet.

"No worries."

"Hakuna matata?"

He laughs at my statement and shrugs. "Whatever makes you relax," he smiles, closing his eyes.

A moment later, we're both standing in the hallway of school.

I pull on my flats and look around. "Right on time."

He looks down at my navy blue, thin strapped, dress that is barely above my knees and smirks. "You look cute."

I smile and giggle. "Thanks," I tease, imagining my hair perfectly smooth and straight, like it normally is. A second or maybe two later, my imagination becomes real. I kiss his cheek before walking into my homeroom.

--

I tap the eraser of my pencil on the edge of my desk and barely allow a yawn to escape from my throat, making me even more tired than I was before. Math.

Math, Math , Math.

I don't think I'll need to know this in life.

Yeah. Two plus two equals four. Big deal?

Mr. Embar glances at me and raises an eyebrow, continuing to grade my test paper. I'm an all A student, so why is he acting so curious?

I lean back in my seat and curse under my breath as he drops my paper onto my desk.

My right hand picks up the test, making my eyes widen.

It reads:

C+. You didn't explain your answer correctly.

He shakes his head at me and I look up at him, eyes practically twitching from anger. " C plus?!" I whisper angrily, slamming the paper back onto my desk.

Luckily, the bell rings.

I pick up my purse and sling it around my shoulder, crumbling the paper into a ball and throwing it into the trash before walking out of the room, sort of stomping my way out instead of walking.

Before I can make my way down the hall, a hand grips my arm and yanks me into the girl's restroom.

"Bailey, what the hell is it?" I grumble, running my hand through my hair.

Bailey giggles. "Alec is looking for you."

I blink. "Isn't he still in class?" I ask seriously. He didn't tell me he was skipping.

She shrugs and brushes her now-blonde hair off her shoulder. "Guess not. He just ran into me in the hall."

I nod and sigh, walking out of the restroom and into the packed hallway. Stumbling sometimes, tripping twice, I step out of the crowded mess and look around. Feeling arms wrap around my waist from behind, I giggle and turn. "So why are you skipping and leaving me to do school work?"

Alec chuckles, planting a kiss on the top of my head. "I only skipped first period. The teacher scares me."

"I got a C+.." I pout, folding my arms across my chest and burrying my face into his chest.

He laughs, holding me close to him. "Oh no, the world is over," he jokes.

--

**Evalina's POV**

I march into school, absolutely ticked. She stole my only reason for wanting to be immortal.

Her and her sister will pay! And then, oh and then, once Alec can only remember me, he'll be mine. Forever. This eternity.

And only this eternity. You know why?

Because I am not dying again.

People shove past me in order to get to class.  Lyle steps infront of me and pulls me to him. "Cmon babe, don't be so cruel.." he teases, kissing my neck.

I moan softly, hands going around his neck. "Let me do this.."

"No. I want you."

"You've had me already, Lyle!" I shout, wanting to shove him off but I don't.

I'll kill him, too if he messes with my plan!

He pulls me out of school and to the side of the building, pressing me against the wall and biting into my neck.

I gasp, moaning once again as I flutter my eyes shut.

This is just.. amazing.

--

**Bailey's POV**

I look at myself in the mirror, smiling and flashing my fangs. I run my fingers through my hair and giggle.

Who said vampires can't have a reflection?

Rolling my eyes, I pull out my mascara, batting my eyelashes before applying the make up.

Then, the thought occurs to me of having a soulmate. I frown.

Alec.. he's.. everything I want. I shake my head, shoving the mascara back into my pink purse.

He's my sister's soulmate.

He's taken.

He's been taken.

He's....

Ugh!

Okay, this is just teenage vampire hormones.

I turn, smiling at my reflection once more before picking my purse up and prancing into the hall, smiling at every guy that walked by. I allow them to whistle at me, smack me, whatever. I don't care.

This life will forever be mine. Soulmate, or no soulmate.