Part 1

"I still remember it", Lucy says with a small smirk. I just watch in horror. She should not ever smile at that. It's terrible, it's even bad luck.
"Lucy you know damn well what that could mean for you! ... Remember Becky?", I say my eyes still wide open and my voice a whisper.
Lucy rolls her eyes at this and laughs,"you really crack me up sometimes Esme!" At this I can't hold my laughter any longer so we both sit on the old little bench at school, laughing.
"But honestly tonight you have to show me that old thing, we can chant the ledgends!"
She bursts into laughter again so I join in. Through her snorts of laughter she gets out- sure old pal anytime!
Soon after, the bell rings.

"Are you sure?", Lucy asks with a wide grin. I nod as she opens up an old trunk. She pulls out a book with a leather cover and a strap keeping it in.
"Have you seen Becky's ghost yet? Since you know..you live in her house."
Lucy ignores my question whilst she blows the dust from the page. I get a cold shiver run down my back.

We quickly run down the stairs to Lucy's mum, she is one of those people who believe in spirits and ghosts.
"Mum look!" Lucy exclaims, pointing to the old book. Her mums eyes squint as she takes the book from her hands. She takes the book away without saying anything and leaves the room. When she comes back she says "why don't you girls go down to the park?" A smile crosses over her face. We smile and run off to play. We discuss once we are at the park that we must go and steal the book back, there has to be good info in it if she took it away.

Later that night Lucy sneaks down stairs to get the book. She is back in about ten minutes after she leaves.