Chapter 1: Talking To Him

Melissa

The pizza place looked so old and run down from the outside, letters from the sign above were falling off or blinking, the paint was pale and chipped, and one of the windows was cracked. Inside however, it was different, the paint was new and bright, kids and their parents smiled, all-in-all, this place was in good shape.

Some of the kids were sat around a large, bright blue bunny that wore makeup. There were other animatronics standing in different places.

I glanced at a kid who was getting a prize from a puppet thing. The puppet glanced at me and waved. I grimaced but waved back.

"I really like the smell of their pizza." Peggy says as she inhales deeply.

"Unfortunately, we're not here for the pizza." Lindsey sighs.

We make our way to the back of the restaurant, past all the kids. We enter a hall, passing a sign that read "to the office."

Inside the office is a long with a few chairs behind it. It's musky and burning hot in here, a small electric fan being the only source of Air Conditioning.

There isn't a hallway, other than the one we just came through. Drawings were tacked or taped to the walls of the office. They were all similar: a child with a robot.

These pictures made me feel a little bit sick, the kids had drawn them with dead, black eyes. It makes me shiver as I look at them.

"You kids looking for the job?" A voice echoes from behind us in the hallway, making all four of us jump.

My stomach turns, my heart slowing as I take in the man who spoke. I feel bile in my throat.

"Sorry girls, didn't mean to scare you." The man laughs.

He's wearing a purple uniform with a badge above his pocket. On the pocket reads, FFPS. A patch on his shoulder reads. "Security".

"That's okay," Lindsey speaks up," also, yes, we want the job."

The man smiles, sending shivers down my spine. I don't feel right, I don't like his smile.

"The more the merrier." He says happily, (one direction song XD) "I'm the head of security, nice to meet new sou- I mean new people. Hopefully you girls won't end up like our last guard. He went a little, froo froo." He cocks his eyes as he explains.

"What do you mean, 'froo froo'?" Peggy asks.

The guard laughs a creepy laugh. The four of us slow our pace, but still follow, now a little weary of this man, and the job at hand.

"This ol' place does get the tiniest bit creepy at night, girls." He continues explaining, after he stops laughing.

"Oh, I see. He was scared of the dark?" Gabby snickers.

"I suppose...well, you could say that." The guard says, "He started to 'see' things."

I don't like that at all...

"Did he say what he," Lindsey clears her throat," 'saw'?"

The guard grumbles," He heard noises, saw these posters changing on the walls, shadows of the robots in that corner. Things as stupid as that."

"Does sound stupid." Gabby shrugs.

"The staff thought he was crazy, tired even. When he resigned, he was so excited. He ran out if here in joy." The guard says.

"What was the guard's name?" I ask.

"His name was Jeremy Fitzgerald. "

Huh...how weird. I think he's related to me...

"I hope you girls won't freak like that." He chuckles.

"You mean-?" Peggy asks, but the guard interrupts her.

"You got the job girls." The man smiles.

"No experience needed?" I ask.

"No. Not as long as you know how to work cameras and flashlights."

"We accept!" The four of us exclaim.

"Great, you'll start on Monday, and your shift starts at midnight and ends at six a.m. Let me show you the details." He leads us over to the desk.

He picks up a small tablet and hands it to me. He presses the On button and the screen flickers on.

"This will show you all of the rooms in this place." He explains,
"On the bottom right corner is a layout of Freddy Fazbear's. Simply tap any room you look at. Oh and tap the other side to turn on a light in the room you're looking at." He shows us as he he speaks, "That's it."

"Seems easy enough." I agree.

"Okay girls, welcome to the Fazbear family! You will be notified at the start of your shifts by a day guard, he'll give you some advice. See you girls Monday!"

We left feeling proud and confident in ourselves, but I wish I would have listened to my instincts and never should've gone back to Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria.

*****
That pic on the side/top is me as an animatronic pony. XD