Chapter 17: A Lesson Learned

The base was quiet this night. Neither thumps nor any sort of whirling sounds echoed in the empty hallways for the past few days. The hackers were all in their guardians quarters while the other children were at the houses this night. The only one that was restless was Ratchet and Roisin. It’s been six days since she had joined Bumblebee to gain back his T-cog, but her punishment has been fairly light than she had expected though she knew very well that she had deserved it. No technology what’s so ever is allowed near here neither was she able to help maintain the system in the base as well as confined in her quarters.

For the first four days she sat on her bed, thinking about all the incidents that had been occurring around her and the effects that it had on both her friends and the bots. Closing her eyes she was able to see the effects that it had on her Hacker buddies. Kagan and Mahina were the least affected since they believed that she was responsible for any actions that had happened. However she could see that they had constantly worried over the fact that the Decepticons had attacked and captured her in the past and could possibly try and cease her again. Berit took it the worst since they’ve been friends the longest. Sighing she could still see Berit’s usually calm blue eyes turn icy when she found out that she wanted to help Bumblebee, regardless of the fact that she let her. When she discovered that MECH now saw her form she became furious and yelled at her. Since then they haven’t spoken at it wore on Roisin’s thoughts.

Then there were the twins, her prankster group. They had caused havoc in the past, even got on some of their nerves at times, especially Sunstreaker because she developed a habit of calling him sunshine every morning. Neither had spoken to her since then, and Sunstreaker stared at her with emotionless optics before turning the other direction so that they wouldn’t see each other. His twin, Sideswipe, tended to frown at her, before shaking his head and leaving her alone. Apparently they had developed a bond with her and since she began to go against everyone’s wishes it became too much for them.

Finally there was her guardian, Ratchet. His look…those eyes that he gave her that showed clear disappointment and sadness made her heart hurt. She never wanted to see those types of eyes aimed at her, but now she had and it was from the one she had become closes to. When Optimus had finished their discussion Ratchet had appeared by the door way, waiting. He said no words nor had any eye contact with her, simply took her and carried her back to their quarters. He placed her on her bed before walking out, locking the doors behind. At first she thought that it wasn’t fair, that he shouldn’t have been treating her like some sort of pet. However, when he came back, he had that dim blue optics staring at her. She could feel the disappointment and sorrow radiating from him that she didn’t want to see it anymore. He didn’t speak to her…not for the past five days and it hurt.

On the fifth day she broke. Roisin had literally walked to the wall, staring at it intensely before she ran and climbed back up to her side. Yes climbed. They had placed some sort of device on the technology that connected her nerves to her back, making her unable to fly and that nearly drove her insane, but she dealt with it. She dug through her art supply before running back to the metal wall and literally began to splatter it with paint, showing every single emotion that had simply overwhelmed her. With a massive brush that was used for calligraphy she painted all forms of horrifying pictures that had monsters and demons chasing her and the ones that she held close to her. Then she moved to the other side of it and drew anything that made her sad, the loneliness that she felt throughout the five days, how she felt abandoned by everyone and truly left alone. One stood out the most. It had her on the bottom, wings folded around stained with red and blue, one for her rage the other for her regret of everything that had caused them to leave her alone. Her human friends stood their backs to her, ignoring her and in front of them was all the Autobot friends that she cared for, their backs to her as well. She was finishing the touches on Ratchet when he himself stumbled upon her and watched with mortification when she finished and simply sat in between both pictures. On the same day, he took her and held her close to his spark, though he still remained stern about the decision that she had made, he told her that they would never abandoned her.