LOST TO NOTHING.

It was a horrible feeling. The man I loved dearly left me without a word or explanation, and in those moments of my life, I felt that I was entirely lost. So, I'm leaving this place, to travel and love myself again.

-Emily B.Sanders

Emily B. Sanders, was a twenty-five year old woman, currently working at one of the top publication companies in Metro Manila. Bubbly, Witty and sweet with an adventurous spirit, her work as a columnist and graphic artist suited best for the job. It was almost like a dream come true for her, to have the dream job she has always wanted and a three-year long relationship with her long time boyfriend David Miguel.

Until one summer, everything completely went blank between her and him.

Since then, Emily operated on auto pilot. She would always come to work with an empty smile, and people barely noticed except her good-gay friend Samuel Higgins

Rain poured heavily from the sky, and even time seemed to crawl slower than the usual. Emily stared blankly at her phone.

No Messages. Not a single one.

her thoughts were the same since the end of summer. The man she has loved for three years left her without a word of explanation, and in the dark she waited quietly.

"Suck it up!" a voice from behind Emily spoke in a friendly yet, sarcastic tone sat down beside her while handing over a hot cup of chocolate.

"Thanks Sammy" she replied without any further notice.

"Wow, you're really down the dumps huh?" he said now looking a little bit concerned.

"What can I do?, no word from him at all and to top it all off, it's already summer" she stated while trying to blow the steam off from her hot chocolate.

"Darling, that is exactly my point. You've been a relation with this guy for three years and yet, no balls to ask you for marriage and then disappears like a ghost on you!" Sam exclaimed while flailing his hands in the air.

"I love him Sam, how can I just ignore that empty feeling and longing all this time..." the girl responded.

"Listen Emmy Darling, they say that Love is a very crucial feeling. It isn't something that you can stop. I don't think that what you have for that guy is true-- no offense intended to you of course. But, what I'm saying is that, you should know best, when to really let go" Sammy said lovingly.

His right-- Love isn't the number of hours, minutes or days that I have spent with the person. When you feel it's real. It is real. It should be mutual.

Emily thought to herself, Sammy kept talking and she watches her friend talk sense into her and even though she couldn't follow through what he was now talking about, she smiled at the thought of her friend caring for her was comforting.

"I KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO!" Sammy said while slamming her palms on her desk.

"Jesus Christ! Don't do that, you surprised me" she said.

"Well, you weren't listening anymore. So, I have a suggestion that am sure you won't let it pass!" Sammy said with a smug on his face.

"What is it?" Emily said now looking intrigued.

"I think you should travel, you don't necessarily need to be here in the office. I'll miss you and all, but I think that will do the trick!" Sammy now grabbing a famous travel magazine.

Emily's eyes beamed, and she realized that perhaps this must be exactly what she needed. Sammy has been her friend ever since she started working in the company and to her, the emotional support, companionship and everything was just what she exactly needed.

and so... the next day, she immediately filed a work-travel application that would be good for roughly eight good months. The office was kind enough to grant her request, although her editor reminder her of her deadlines. Emily agreed to this arrangement, and together with Sam, she packs her things and leaves the office.

"Darling, be careful! I will miss you everyday. Don't forget to send me messages!" Sammy said while pecking her from cheek to cheek.