Chapter Five

It had been two weeks since Lilia's fifteenth birthday party and two weeks since I been questioned by my mother about Elias.

On the ride home, I created a fictional story on who this Elias person was. I told her it was only one of Asher's cute cousins from Portland that came to town over summer break. Lilia and I once met him at an ice cream parlor, and developed a small crush on him. She seemed to believe the false story much to my relief and never brought up the subject again.

I had planned to see Elias the past Friday evening, but a server thunderstorm rolled through town. I was stuck in my room all weekend and gazed out the raindrop covered window while wishing I was with my mate. With each crack of thunder, I felt empty inside. I desired to have Elias' arms around me, to escape the loneliness.

The storm was tragic and left powerlines down and trees blocking roads. So while trapped in my house over the weekend, I wrote a letter to Elias. An idea struck me mid day Saturday as watched my dad and brothers clean out the rain gutter. If I wrote a letter and have Lilia deliver it, he could write me back. This way we could communicate more during the week, and not have to wait a full week until Friday.

The letter consist of what I been up to and how I wished he was here with me when I felt lonely. I longed to see him evey second of the day. I asked him about his day or days and how is he adjusting to his new life. I also question if he heard word on when or if he will be able to leave his room and not have a guard on him.

I hoped soon. He was part of the pack now and deserve to be treated as such. Being locked in a room because he was bitten, is a strange precaution. I do not think Elias would do any harm. He told me he has yet to learn about or how to use his new strenghts and abilities as a werewolf.

I wondered if he met any packs members beside the high ranked and Doctor Levin and my father. I was certain he did not have any other friends than Lilia and I. Once he is set free, I will introduce him to Asher and we'll go on a adventures together. I grinned stupidly at my thoughts and sighed.

I miss you, Elias.

I believed he missed me too.

"Bree, honey? Are you up?" Mom called from the other side of my bedroom door.

"Yes, Mom!"

I rolled out of bed for another day of school. I dressed in an oversized plum purple sweater, dark demin jeans, and brown combat boots. I entered the bathroom to continue my morning routine. Lastly, I pulled my hair up into the classic messy bun.

Everyone was in the kitchen this morning, moving around swiftly from one spot to another. Mom was fixing Owen's lunchbox as Dad sipped on his coffee. Brenden was fixing his hair using his phone screen as a mirror. Orion just finished up his bowl of cereal, and Owen still ate his.

I greeted them all with a good morning. Then I grabbed an apple to snack on in the car on the drive to school, and told the boys I'll be waiting for them in the car.

I recieved a humorous text message from Asher while I waited. He was gushing on about a new kid at our school. He said he saw the boy with Principal Shannon who looked cute from a distance. I shook my head at him and told him to get it together, for it was only Monday after all.

Brenden and Orion finally came out the house. I was half way done with my apple when they entered to vehicle. I pulled the car into drive and we were on way to endure another day of school. 

We pulled into the parking lot just was the bell rung for first block. Made it just in time, I thought. The halls were scarce as students hurried to get to class before the tardy bell.