Life Without Him

Chapter 1: The Beginning

          He was my best friend, he felt like a brother to me. We shared everything together. I felt so close to him and I hoped we would stay this way for a long time. We shared secrets all the time until one heartbreaking secret was told. After the day I lost him, it was like my world shattered into millions of pieces. It didn't occur to me that it would come this soon or that he would vanish without saying goodbye or giving me one last hug.

          When I woke up that morning and visited his house, his front door was unlocked and my voice echoed when I called his name. I ran upstairs to his room to see if he left a note or anything to save me from eternal misery, but sadly there was not a trace of him left behind. I sat down on his bed which smelled like him and put my hands in my face and cried for what felt like hours. As I came to my senses, I realized this is what he warned me about. I just didn't take the time to believe him when he said those troubling words until now. This is a story about losing my best friend, Cody.

          I remember the day I met him like it was yesterday. It was August 23rd, the first day of high school. I was a nervous wreck as I wondered if I would meet anyone new or see familiar faces. I lugged my way through three long periods until I found myself sitting next to an attractive guy in the seat beside me. He turned around and introduced himself. His name was Cody. He was polite, caring, funny and attractive, all of the qualities that I longed for in a guy for so long. We had a conversation the whole class period and we even exchanged numbers after class. He walked with me to my next class and then said he would see me tomorrow.

          After settling in at home, I decided to text him. Luckily, he responded within a few minutes. We texted each other back and forth for about two hours until he finally asked if I wanted to hang out sometime. Without second guessing myself, I responded with a yes. We made an arrangement to hang out at his place that Friday. Days passed then finally Friday came. After arriving at his place we ordered pizza and watched a movie. We played truth or dare and twenty questions. By the end of the night, I felt like I knew him so well. Boy was I wrong...

_________________________

Hey, so this is my first short story with a mystery twist to it. Please let me know if you like it. I hope to upload soon, thanks!