Chapter 2

Dan and I both slept for the whole flight. Like I said, we're not morning people.

We woke up to the obnoxious flight attendant. "We will be ariving in Baltimore in about ten minutes!" She was a little too excited... maybe she really had to pee or something. I don't know.

DAN'S POV~

I'm really happy to be home. I've missed all my friends and stuff. Yeah, I love living in LA and being in the band and everything, but it will be good to take a few days off. We've been working nonstop on our new album. 

Our manager wasn't even going to give us time off for Christmas. But me, Tyler, and Cameron (the other guys in the band) begged him to let us go home for a few days. And come on, nobody can say no to us. We're just that awesome.

We got off the plane and got our luggage and everything, and started looking around for our parents. I knew they wouldn't be very hard to find. They're kind of obnoxious.

"DANNNNYYYYYYY!!!!! LISSSSAAA!!!!!!"

....Found them.

We said our hellos and i miss yous and whatnot, and then we headed home.

As soon as we walked in the door I ran to my room and jumped onto my bed.  This was not just any bed. It was the most comfortable bed in the entire freaking world.

I decided to text my best friend Nick and tell him I was back. I've really missed that kid. Before I moved out to LA, we practically lived at eachothers houses.

Hey man, get your ass over here!

five minutes later I saw him walking up the driveway. I ran outside and tackled him to the ground. "DANNNYYYYY" He said in a little kid voice.

"NICKYYYY!" I said the exact same way.

"Dude, I've missed you," he said in a normal voice. "I've missed you too man. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I was here last." I thought of the last time I saw Nick. It was back in February, the day before I left for LA.

"It's been the longest year ever, dude. School is shit without you."

Nick and I were kind of the outcasts at school. we had a small group of friends, but it wasn't much. we got made fun of a lot, too. I didn't want to leave him alone at that place, but I couldn't pass up going to LA.

"I'm sorry man! Now get  in here, we have a year's worth of video games and stuff to catch up on!" He laughed and followed me into the house.

We passed Melissa on the way to my room. "Hey Nick," she smiled at him. "Hey Melissa, good to see you," he said with a nervous tone. He's always had a crush on Melissa, ever since we were little. I thought it was hilarious and gross at the same time.

We talked and played videogames for a while until it got pretty late. I was pretty tired from traveling and whatnot, so I went to bed.

MELISSA'S POV

It was weird waking up in my old bed, at my old house. But it was nice. I missed this place. I woke up to the delicious smell of bacon. I looked at my phone, it was 11am. And it was Christmas Eve, yay!

I got out of bed and put on a pair of skinny jeans and an oversized sweater. I walked downstairs to the kitchen. I looked around for Dan... he must've not been awake yet. My parents were making pancakes and cutting fruit. They always made the best breakfasts.

"Morning sweetie, how'd you sleep?" my mom asked. "Great," I answered. "I've missed that bed, it's so comfy!" I said. "I'm sure it misses you too," my dad chuckled.