What is Love?

Ellie's POV:

I sit backstage and look in the mirror. I'm about to be on Oprah! My life is going nuts. In 3 days, is my 14th birthday. In 8 days, I have my first day of school. HIGH SCHOOL. I'm so nervous as is for going on stage. All I did was post a few videos of me singing some of my favorite songs. Maybe a song I wrote myself. ;)

"Ms. Brant, it's time to get on stage." I look in the mirror one last time and walk over to where the producer was standing.

"And today, we have Ellie Brant. She is a rising YouTube star and is simply amazing! Let's give her a hand!" I walk out onto to stage as soon as I hear clapping. I give the camera a wave and smile big. "Hello, Ellie! I'm so glad you could come and join me today."

"I'm happy to be here." A huge smile takes over my face. As does Oprah's.

"So you live in Apopka, Florida. What's it like there?" She's full of curiosity of Apopka.

"Honestly, Apopka can be extremely boring but it's still an amazing place to be." I run my fingers through my hair, pushing my side-bangs to the side.

"That's great." She pauses and smiles. "Who are your favorite bands or singers that help with your motivation?"

"Well there's Demi Lovato, Ed Sheeran, Pierce the Veil, and One Direction." These are truly the most inspiring people there is to me. Oprah has a look of surprise on her face at an answer.

"Pierce the Veil? I feel as if I've heard of them before." I smile knowing people are usually surprised by my taste in music.

"They're a punk rock band. Like Alternative Music. It's hard to explain. People usually call their music screamo." I shrug at the name people give their music.

"Well that's something I couldn't really see.." She pauses and shakes her head until she continues. "Speaking of One Direction, they are going to be here next week! How crazy is that?"

"Wait, WHAT?! You're not serious are you?" Okay now I'm freaking out. This is gonna be fun.

"Yes, I'm serious. I'm guessing you're a huge fan considering your reaction. No?" She laughs at me.

"I am! Like holy- yanno I'm gonna shut up before I do something stupid." My heart is racing and my hands were shaking. Why am I nervous? El calm down.

"Well just one more question about them. Who's your favorite?" She raises an eyebrow. Oh fun.

"Well I hate saying I have a favorite but in better terms, I'm a total Niall girl." I blush at the sound of it coming out. She smiles.

"Well, I don't blame you. Especially his Irish accent." Her eyes look as if she's in a fantasy. One more word on how Niall is attractive and I'm gonna be on the ground fangirling. I get goosebumps at the thought of his accent.

"Okay, I think we should change the subject. When I fangirl, it's not pretty." We both laugh at the thought.

"Okay, okay. That seems fair." She pauses to think of a question. "Is there any special guy back home?"

I dreaded that question. "Honestly, there's no actual guy I have. I don't really like anyone, but I have a feeling that might change when I start school." The thought of school makes me smile.

"And how long until school starts?"

"In 8 days school starts. And I'm gonna be in 9th grade!" I pause and sarcastically say the next thing, "First day of high school! Yay. How amazing that will be!"

She laughs at me. "Do you have any friends at the school who are in a higher grade?"

"Actually, I have a few. Not a lot, like 5 at most. One of them is actually my best friend!" I smile at the thought of my best friend. He's always there for me through thick and thin.

"Tell me about your best friend." She gets in gossip mode.

"Well, I started talking to him in September. His name is Andrew. We are extremely close. Like we can tell each other anything. He treats me how guys are supposed to treat their girlfriends and it's actually amazing to have a guy like him around. He's like a brother to me." I laugh at the thought of him.

"So he treats you like a girlfriend?" She smirks and I get uncomfortable talking about it now.

"There is absolutely nothing going on between me and Andrew. Like, I'll admit it, I liked him before. That's why I started talking to him but I'm over him. He's seriously a brother and I'm a sister to him." My hands are shaking again. Everyone who's been around me and Andrew while we hangout, automatically assume we are together. It annoys me to an extreme level.

"Also, your birthday is really soon as I heard." She caught on with how annoyed I was. I was glad she changed the subject.

"Yes, three more days! I'm finally gonna be 14!" I smile again and dance a little in the seat. We both laugh and I feel calm again.

"I feel like you should be older! You look at least 15!" My jaw drops but I immediately start laughing at her. Like actual LOL.

"Oh it's nice to have someone think I'm older for once. All 8th grade, people thought I was in 7th grade." I keep laughing.

We talk about a lot more for the next 50 minutes.

It's finally time to go and I thank her for having me. She asks me for my skype before I leave. I gladly give it to her.

Time to fly home and let the next few days drag on!