chapter 1

The first year of high school went by really fast. Today was the last day of school and everyone was going to a beach party after. Well all except for the class nerd, Harry. He basically only ever studies and...well thats it.

*RRRRIIIIINNNNGGG*

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and grabbed my stuff and headed to lunch.

"Hey Sapphire!" a few boys greeted as I passed by them. You could say that I'm pretty well known in school. Pretty much for my art skills and my name. I was named that because of the colour of my eyes is like a sapphire. I sat down at my table and took out my lunch.

"C-Can I sit w-with you guys?" I looked up to see Harry stood there.

"EW NO!"

"YUCK!"

"GET OUT OF HERE!"

"IN YOUR DREAMS STYLES!"

"Sure."

All eyes went on me.

"Sure? Are you out of your mind Sapph?"

"He asked politely and its not the end of the world."

Everyone looked at me and stood up. They each walked to different tables leaving me and Harry a table to ourselves.

"Thank you..." He whispered.

"No problem Harry."

**

"Hey Sapph? Will you sign my yearbook?" My best friend, Agatha, asked.

"Sure thing."

H.A.G.S! Love you girl!!! ~Sapph :3

"Thanks. That was pretty brave of you today, standing up for Harry. He basically has no friends."

"I'm sure he has friends outside of school, Aggie."

"Sure..."

I rolled my eyes as I began to put all my stuff in my backpack. I grabbed my last book and ran my fingers over the imprinted silver words Y-E-A-R-B-O-O-K. I opened it up and looked at at the signitures.

All but one.

Harry.

I looked over at the dark haired boy. He packed away his stuff while everyone counted down the final minutes of the school year.

"Harry."

He slowly looked up.

"Will you sign my yearbook?"

"N-Nobody ever asked m-me to sign their yearbook before."

I handed him my yearbook and he signed it.

"3..2...1! SHOOLS OUT!" Everyone cheered around us.

~After summer~

I slowly walked out of my house wearing my favourite pair of converse, acid washed jeans, and a turquise sweater.

I trotted out of my house and headed to the bus stop.

As I saw the bus heading towards me I backed up a little.

*screeeech*

I slowly got onto the bus and saw some of my friends.

"Sapph!"

"Hello Aggie."

"You've...changed."

"Oh...Good or bad?"

"Good. You've changed good Sapph."

I sat down next to her and we chatted the whole way to school, which made me feel a little better.

I was really nervous to tell the truth. I don't know how people would treat me, I have changed. I changed my hair to dye to ends bright blue. like my eyes. And instead of contacts, I used glasses.

"Well this is it! Our second year of High School...."

"Oh Sapph soon we will be graduating and going to college and--"

"Agatha? I don't want to grow up so fast."

"I know. But at some point were all going to grow up."

I just sighed and the bus came to a stop. Some kids fished out and me and Agatha were left in thd bus.

"Oh look nerd boy."

I spun around and saw Harry sat in the back of the bus.

"Maybe we should leave him alone for once."

"Okay okay..."

"This is the last stop. So get off now." The bus lady groaned. Agatha shot up and ran out.

I collected my things and headed off the bus. I froze dead in my tracks when I heard a cough.

"Harry, do you want me to walk you to class?"

"Oh n-no its fine.."

"Please, I insist."

"O-Okay...."

I got off the bus and he stumbled out, I stood next to him as we walked to school.

**

*Ptwoing* *Ptwoing*

"Ow!"

"Drake would you stop flinging rubber bands at the poor boy?" I hissed. The teacher didnt really seem to care these days. Some boys were texting their girlfriends, somewere fooling around, some girls were passing notes, Harry was studying, and I was actually paying attention to the history sesion.

"There will be a quiz tomorrow so study hard."

Kids groaned and the bell rang.

I fixed my stuff and packed it in my bag.

"Nerd." Drake hissed to Harry and slapped his back.

I sighed and Harry collapsed down into his chair. I waited, leaving only me and Harry in the dark classroom.

"Harry..."

"W-What..."

I reached over and pulled the 'kick me' sign off his back.

I pulled a chair to his desk and he sobbed into his hands. I put my hand on his back and he looked up at me.

"P-P-Please stop..."

"No Harry, your getting beat up everyday and you need someone to stand up for you. I will not stop."

"B-But I dont want you to g-get beat up t-too..." He stuttered.

"Harry you dont get it do you... I don't care if they hurt me but I hate seeing other people bullied."

I slowly got up, collected my things and left.