Why are we here?

When I arrived at the park, he was sitting at our usual bench. He  had on the hat I got him for our 4 month annervirsery. Everything he hadd on came from me, even the shoes, which he HATES. What's going on?

"Why am I here?"

"I--- I want you back.." he said softly, but assuringly. 

"Prove it." I was so surprised. "Prove it to me, everyday. It's one thing to say something but another to actually do it."

"I will, you know that. Look, I made a huge mistake. You're the love of my life. The only one I want. My soulmate. My best friend. I just want you, and only you."

"Feelings mutual."

"I know, seeing you cry like that, tore me apart."

"Seeing you was enough to make me want to die."

'I never meant for that.."

"Yeah, yeah," I sighed, "why are we here?"

"Follow me."

As we were walking, I could see his breath, and he would casually look over at me and give me this amazing smile. I couldn't help but stare at those beautiful blue eyes, and that brown hair. 

Stop, don't fall for him. He's only going to hurt you again. 

I didn't want to fall for him, I just knew he had something up his sleeve.

"So uh, where exactly are you taking me?" I said in a quiet tone. I could see him looking into my hazel eyes. He grabbed me, kissed my forehead, and started playing with my orange curls.

Stop it Emily, he's gonna hurt you. He made you feel like shit, and he's a total douchebag. You always thought so before you went out, and he proved you correct. So tell him to get the fuck off of you. Fine! 

Wait... what if he's not trying to get back with me? What if he's trying to make me look like a fool? THIS ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN!