Chapter Four: Imps and Powers

"Um, so, how is this supposed to work?" Kelly questioned to no one in particular.

"Well," Cobalt started to answer, then paused for a lengthy few beats. He let out a breath, giving up. "I have absolutely no idea."

Soon, Keppel and Lavender arrived and both of them scanned the room completely before their eyes settled on Dylan.

"Hey guys, what's so important?" Lavender's eyes were wide with excitement. "Did you find out anything new other than the shoes?"

"Nope. We've found out much more than that." Cobalt held her hand and sat her on Kelly's bed excitedly. "You guys wouldn't even be able to guess!"

"What's up dude?" Keppel spoke finally. "Dylan?"

"Surprise!" Dylan sang. "You'll fina out for yourself. Now let's get out of here."

"My car, guys?" Cobalt volunteered.

"Do we have an option?" Lavender said in a bored tone. "Mine's at home."

Cobalt scowled at her before being dragged out of the room by Keppel. "What's up, bro?"

Cobalt shook his head. "Find out for yourself," he managed a smirk.

Soon enough, all of them had piled into Cobalt's car, but none of them knew where they were going.

"Okay, we'll tell you this much," Dyaln addressed Keppel and Lavender. "We're going to test our magical powers."

Lavender immediately locked eyes with Kelly. "You knew about this?"

Kelly nodded.

"And you're coming? Voluntarily?" Keppel added.

"I know about magic, guys."

"Well." Lav said, "That's new."

Keppel jabbed Kelly with his elbow. "I knew you'd catch on eventually. You're gonna have to tell us the story of how you finally came to this ground-breaking realisation."

"Okay, guys, we're almost there," Cobalt's voice echoed in the car, interrupting everyone's thoughts. As the route became clearer, they'd found out that Cobalt had just taken them to another clearing in another part of the vast forest.

"The perfect power-testing spot, right?" Kelly mocked as she got out. Everyone else followed suit and started walking, the older boys in the lead and all of them chatting excitedly, until they got there. Then Cobalt instructed them to stand in a circle, and they obeyed. After their casual conversations had dwindled out, they began thinking... It took all of them nearly fifteen minutes to figure out that none of them had any idea how to actually get their powers going. 

Keppel faked a cough awkwardly. "I feel kinda stupid now."

"You didn't before?" Lavender smirked.

Keppel frowned. "As if you--"

Kelly cut him off quickly, knowing her friends' argument could take all night. "So, I guess last time we all felt pretty threatened--"

"Whoa, you guys used your powers?" Lavender raised her brows.

"Yeah, it was an inevitable situation, but I still can't figure out how I could perform my rope-curse thing that easily," Dylan mused. "I think Kelly and me have the same power."

"Yeah, I saw that. You were awesome, both of you!" Cobalt commeneted.

"Hey, people out of the loop, over here," Keppel said, motioning to himself and Lavender. "What are you guys talking about? What are your powers?"