A new member?

A new member?

Chapter 1

Zoe's POV

After my audition for Disney channel's kickin' it, that was two weeks ago, I'm feeling nervous. They still haven't called yet. I'm feeling like I did horrible. Can I really act? Is it really for kickin' it, or is it a spam? Omg the phone is ringing.

"Hello?" I ask. "Hi is this Zoe? My name is John, and I'm the director for kickin it. I understand you auditioned a few weeks ago?" "Yes sir I did." "Well we have made our decision on who is going to cover for Alex, and you are the one we chose. We think you will be a great addition to our show. The question is if you know karate or not." I was freaking out at this moment. He just said that I was gonna be on Disney! On a super popular show that lots of kids watch!

"Um yes actually. I was in karate classes since I was six." "Ok well I hope to see you tomorrow for the schedule and preparation cause we are starting filming soon." I was super happy. I was going to be going to a real set for a tv show I was going to be on in the near future.
"Ok I will. Wait! What time?" I asked frantically, remembering I have to be there on time. "Oh yeah! Umm... Eight is a great time! We will probably start shooting next week, but the cast will also be getting their schedules." "Ok! Thanks! I will see you tomorrow!"

I hung up the phone after the beep from his phone. I was so excited I decided to call my friend to have a celebratory shopping spree. Her phone rung once before she answered.

"Caroline you wouldn't guess what just happened!" I said softly"oh my goodness did the Disney people call you? Omg what did they say?!?" I could tell She was unsure what i was going to say." um they kinda said that i GET MY SCHEDULE TOMORROW AND WE HAVE TO GO SHOPPING TO CELEBRATE!!" I screamed into the phone.

On the other line i could hear her screaming as well. "Omg where do you think we would go? Oh that was a dumb question! Of corse we are tottally going to forever 21!! Yay!!" Then we just talked some more about how excited I was to be on the show, and we hung up and made plans for the rest of the day.

Mateos Pov

I remember getting a text earlier that day from Leo saying we had found the cast member who would replace Alex. I was excited that we would finally start filming again, but what about how Alex feels? Why do we have to cover him? Why can we just continue the show without a new member. But, their excuse is that we need a love interest for jerry. Well if its a girl, I guess I'll put up with her.

I want to see how Leo feels. I'll give him a call. Two rings and he answered. "Hey dude! So you got my text about the new castmate" He asked right away. "Yeah kinda nervous about the whole thing. What if we don't like her? What if Alex comes back? What if-" he inturups" ooohhh is this all about missing Alex? Dude, it will be fine! I'm pretty sure we will like the new cast member. Well I got to go cause I got to pick up my girlfriend, but go to the mall or something! Do some shopping to get your mind off of things!"

He was right. All I needed was something to get my mind off the certain situation. Tomorrow will be all right. "Alright. Thanks dude!" "No problem, but I really got to go." And that's when Leo hung up to pick up his girlfriend Kayla.

I just decited to follow Leo's instructions and just go to the mall. I was gonna probably do a lot of tee shirt shopping, because well I love tee shirts!

On my way to forever 21, I bumped into this girl. She had long, dark brown hair, brown eyes, and the perfect smile. "Sorry" she said. "No, I'm sorry. I was so destructed that I bumped into you and knocked you over." And with that I grabbed her hand and helped her up.

"Thanks so much!" She said "My name is Zoe. And your Mateo right?" "Yeah! But you can totally call me Teo. I feel like I'm gonna see you again, so yo, call me at this number whenever you get the chance." I gave her my number and went off to forever 21 without an answer from her. I didn't care that striding off without hearing her reply was a little rude, but I really didn't care because I had a wierd feeling to give her my number and then get out of there.

When I got to forever 21, I started trying on all sorts of cool tees. I was getting some more to add to my amount when I saw Zoe. Something told me to buy the shirts I had, an get out of there quick. I didn't want her to see me and have to talk to her.

Then I quickly stopped at Starbucks to get a cinnamon roll frappe, and drove back home. Shortly after I got home, I got on tumblr, and fell asleep. I was tired, and I think I needed to sleep a lot, because the next day was gonna be a long one.

The next morning, I woke up to marimba. It's time to meet my new cast member. I remember the mall encounter with Zoe? I remember feeling a weird feeling around her. Like that gut feeling I was going to see her again. I guess that's the reason why I gave her my number.

I got my clothes for the day, took a shower, put my clean fresh clothes on, and left the house with a pair of new toms.

I started my car, and remembered Zoe again. Still the wierd feeling when I mention her name. I tried to forget her while I sped down Los Angeles. I soon arrived to the studio and parked right in the space for me.

I turned my car off, and started walking towards the kickin it part of the studio. I said hi to some of the crew and speed walked to my dressing room. I didn't want to see the new cast member before I could get there.

I took a long, deep breath while I sat in front of my mirror. "Relax Mateo. You will meet the person who is supposed to play your new love interest. Alex is happier at home, he said it himself! Everything will be fine." I said to myself. But when I walked out to see the new cast member, I wanted to run back in. It was Zoe!

Zoe's Pov
"Guys, this is our new cast member, Zoe Jones! As you know, for Alex, acting wasn't his thing, and we needed to spice up the show! So, we got a new member!"

Everyone was clapping, giving high fives, or just nodding and smiling. I felt very welcome for my first day here. I looked around and saw very familiar faces. Leo was smiling, Olivia was reaching out to give me a hug, which i returned, Dylan gave me a high five, and Mateo, where was Mateo?

As i turned to try to find him, i see his face full of worry trying to disappear into his dressing room. I think i wasn't the only one to notice.

"Dont be hurt by his behavior. He is just a little stressed, Leo said. I nodded and smiled at his effort to make me happy. I was fine. At least thats what my face said. "Its ok. I understand! I did replace you guyses best friend right?!?" I laughed to myself. With this, i tried to be funny. They all looked at me like i murdered some dog. Well, looks like im hated by everyone.

I went to find John while they went to find Mateo. " hey John, can i have my schedule? Im a little tired. Guess that was too much tumblr last night."
"Sure. But i really wish you would stay till we eat lunch." He said. I saw the effort to try to make me stay. "No thanks! I really should get some sleep. I mean, i did stay up till 4:00" he nodded with understanding as he gave me my schedule and a script. "Make sure that doesnt happen tonight. We have a table read early tomorrow. You can't be late." With a nod, i quickly left the studio. When i got home, i silently cried. I hope i didnt ruin a lifetime of friends with a stupid joke.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A/N hey guys this is my first fan fiction and i think this is a pretty good first chapter dont cha think? Do you think Mateo will get over not having alex when he meets Zoe? How do you think they will react when they see her the next day? Do you think they will be friends, or did she ruin everything? We will have to see Mua hahahahahahaha!!
Until next time <3