Chapter 1

The day before the accident,everything was normal. I woke up at six-thirty just like every other morning before. I threw on a Fall Out Boy t- shirt, some black skinny jeans, my army boots and my favorite dark-blue hoodie. But I'm not here to tell a story about some teenage girl's everyday life. I'm here to tell you about one event that changed my life forever.

...
    I wake to my alarm blaring. How was it already Monday? It seemed like just yesterday was Friday when I had convinced my mom to let me go to the Fall Out Boy concert two weeks from now. I through my pillow over my head and squeeze my eyes closed.

    It wasn't easy getting my mom to let me go to the concert.It had taken a few hours of hammering into her to finally convince her, but I'm very stubborn and never let my arguments go down easy. I had planned originally to go alone, but mom said I can only go if I have my cousin/Bff come with me, Madelyn. When she finally caved I ran upstairs and pulled up the ticket website. After anticipating the moment for so long, I hit the purchase sign.

    I come back o reality and slam my hand down on the alarm clock. It fell with a bang onto the floor, and let out a moan. I don't really care seeming how all it ever brought me was pain, blaring into my brain with its loud screeching every morning. I grab my phone and check the time. It's seven o clock! I have to leave to walk to the bus by 7:10! I jump out of bed, knocking my comforter on to the floor. I go to my closet and grab skinny jeans, a random shirt (which just happened to be my black and white FOB T-shirt), and my black army boots. I change lightning fast and pull my hair into a messy bun. I grab my bag and run out the door, not bothering to make my bed.
   When I get downstairs my mom is sitting at the table with a steaming cup of tea in her hands. She looks over me skeptically. It is a normal thing for me to sleep through my alarm on Mondays, so I don't see why she would be surprised.
"Let me guess, you slept through your alarm?" She asked sarcastically.
"Ya," I say rolling my eyes.
"Hey, I don't care if your late for the bus. It's not me walking two miles to school in the freezing cold."
" Whatever. " I reply dramatically, adding an eye roll for effect.
    My mom and I usually act this way towards each other. She is fine with me acting like a teenager as long as she can act that way towards me. Honestly, I think I have a pretty cool mom. I guess Jesus has to make up what I don't have with my dad somehow.

My dad's a whole other story. I'd rather not go over it now.

   I grab a quick bowl of cereal in a plastic bowl, and head out the door. I crunch my frosted flakes as I walk, and notice that the temperature is probably below freezing. I grab my tardis-blue hoodie from my bag and put it on. I finish off my cereal and through the bowl in someone's dumpster. I don't think they'll mind the tiny piece of trash.
When I get close to the bus stop, I feel like my nose will fall off. Suddenly I hear the screeching of the bus's brakes and the big yellow machine pulls around the corner. I'm still a block away and have to run to catch it. Thank goodness my bus driver is nice because any other buses would've been long gone by the time I got there.
"Wake up late again Ms. Amelia?" Mrs. Marlene, my bus driver, questioned as I swung myself through the door.
"Yep. Sorry to keep you waiting." I reply.
"Oh it wasn't you. You should thank that young man back there. He is the one not to leave without you."
When I glance behind her I see my friend Dan sitting there. He lifts his eyebrows.
"Thanks." I murmur.
    "You're welcome me lady." He answers sarcastically. Then he says "I am now your night and shining armor."
" Oh shut up."I say as I plop down next to him.
" Whatever ye say nerd."
   Dan and I have been friends since 7th grade. He's a cool guy, and we really just nerd out together. We aren't super close, although we do tend to go to each other's house's a lot. It's mostly just to watch Dr. Who together though. He's the only one of my friends that actually watch the nerdy T.V. show, so he's the only one I can really geek out with.

   The only complication with this whole thing is that Dan likes me. And I don't return the feelings(which means it gets awkward a lot). He told me about his feelings about a year ago, and I painfully rejected him. I've just never been able to picture him as anything other than a friend. He is silly, and has an amazing personality. He has huge glasses, blue eyes, and messy brown hair. He isn't my type though, which is probably why I was stupid enough to shoot him down. But sometimes I try to see him and I together and I can picture it. I would see his arm around my shoulder, keeping me warm at football games in the band stands. I would see us both hauling our instruments down the hallway in the mornings talking and laughing. And sometimes, just sometimes, I would want him, but never enough to do anything about it.

...

Hey guys! I finally went through and edited my story! I will be posting the new and improved chapters separately, and when I'm done editing the already published ones, I 'll continue the story!

Don't forget to tell your friends about my books, and please vote on the story!