Prologue

Min Yoongi started drinking at 13. Not because he liked alcohol but because of the numbness. He liked the feeling of not feeling. The slow descent into total numbness and eventually sleep. Without alcohol he wouldn't be able to get any sleep. So he relied on it almost every night.

He wasn't sad. At least he didn't think he was. His family thought otherwise though. They tried talking to neighbors and setting up "play dates" with their kids but it never worked out. The other kids bored him to death and he wouldn't be caught dead hanging out with kids sometimes three years younger than him. So he stayed inside his room and made friends with fictional characters and people online.

At 14 he learned what self harm was. Then he tried it. It stung like a bitch, but he found the rush pleasing. He laughed after the first cut. Laughed because harming himself actually made him feel more than anything else ever had. He found humor in that. Yoongi had always had a dark sense of humor anyways.

Of course it had it's cons. Like the scarring. Scabs could never go un-picked with Yoongi. So he had to give up wearing white (his favorite color). Black was awesome too but dirt stains stood out easier and black drew the sunlight in. He had to constantly make sure his sleeves were pulled down far enough and weren't too tight to brush new scabs or too loose to fall down.

At 15 he was diagnosed anorexic. He wasn't trying to not eat. The thought of eating just slipped his mind. At 15 years old and 5'5 he only weighed 100 pounds. His parents tried to watch him and make sure he ate but they worked almost all day everyday. Eating more only made him feel sick though. So he only ate once a day (when he remembered to eat). Cramps and upset stomachs were just an everyday occurrence now. He was still alive though.

At 16 Yoongi was dead.
In his place was Min Suga or just Suga. He was what others would call a rebel or punk. He dyed his hair, had tattoos, cursed seemingly every two seconds, had piercings, smoked, drank and occasionally smoked weed. In school he was constantly having to stay late or getting detentions. Grades however were the only thing he really tried at. That's the whole reason why he went to school. To get an education. Having friends was just extra. Being this way was a bit strange. Nobody bullied him, but nobody wanted to be his friend. It didn't bother him too much though. Or so he wanted to believe.

Suga's first ever friend was Namjoon. Namjoon was a rebel too. He drank and smoked and had tattoos and piercings too. However, he had friends. Suga didn't talk to them though. And he wouldn't unless they talked first. He liked Namjoon though. Something about him just clicked with Suga. Now Suga was starting to get a little bit worried because he'd sometimes catch himself looking at Namjoon in class or thinking of his dimples and you just don't think of friends that way. Right? He wouldn't know anyways seeing as Namjoon was his first. Normal or not he kept those thoughts to himself. Being gay was looked down upon at his school. Suga couldn't give any fucks though. Why limit your chance at happiness for what's in a person's pants? He didn't see the point in caring about sex (as in genitalia).

So when Namjoon drunkenly tried kissing him he didn't pull away. In fact he did the opposite. He clung to him. Burying his hands in his hair and pressing their bodies together so close you couldn't tell whose heartbeat was whose. Namjoon pushed his tongue into his slightly open mouth and Suga had never felt more alive. Not even when he was drunk or when he cut or even when he was high off his ass. When Namjoon pulled away and told him not to think to much about it, it kinda messed him up alot.

He thought he was foolish to believe they'd be anything more. Hanging out with Namjoon was a bit tough but Suga clung to his only friend. It was a bit sad how much he craved the attention now that he'd had a small taste.

Of course just when he'd gotten used to only having friends and not dating, Park Jimin had to bounce his happy little ass into Suga's life.