Choices

Well, you made your choice. I can live with it. Everyone has to move on someday. We had one hell of a ride though. The way I used to hold you, sing to you, and never let go. The way you would laugh, and call me an idiot, but I knew that was your way of saying, "I love you." The ways we would make fun of each other, and just laugh. Those days, are gone. Another man took that spot for me, and I hope he can do an even better job than I did. You're right, everything happens for a reason, and if that reason for this is it makes you happier, I'm perfectly fine with it. I just want to thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you for showing me what love is. Thank you for always being there for me, which I hope keeps happening. Thank you for never giving up on me, even when you really wanted to, or even when I did give up on me. Thank you for making me feel like a man for once, and giving me that reason to love and protect. Most of all, thank you for being my best friend. My greatest friend. My other half. I hope he can make you even happier than I did, because he has some big shoes to fill. Everything happens for a reason, and I'm glad I was a reason at one point. You made your choice, and I'm glad for you, and fully support you. Now it's time for me to go out and find my place in the world. It's time I made my choice.