Chapter 13

You know that moment when you are so nervous you feel like they are butterflies in your stomach? Well freaking Godzilla is in my stomach and invited all his friends! That how nervous I feel! I rush down the stairs and I open the door.  My eyes widen as I look at Ryan. He had a white Polo, cover with a black leather jacket with some black pants and black high-top Nike. As always he is wearing his big square glasses and an awkward little smile.  When he step back and look at me he gave me a smile and bow.

“Good afternoon my fair lady thou shall accompany me to walk into the sunset?” He said in an awful British accent. I gave some giggles and gave him my hand which he took and kiss the top of it making me blush.

“Of course! My lord!” I exclaim with a British accent. He gave me a goofy smile and took my hand and we started walking.

“So…where are we heading Ryan?” I said looking at him.

“I thought we could go to the Ice Cream Shop…is that ok with you?”  He said looking a bit nervous.

“That would be lovely!” I said with a small smile and blush as I notice he was still holding my hand. He smile and look at our hand and blush.

“D-oes this makes you uncomfortable?”

“No, it doesn’t” As we continue to walk I grew more relax. I couldn’t help to feel this is a date. The silence wasn’t awkward or uncomfortable. I didn’t feel the need to talk it was okay just to walk hand in hand. His hands are big and a little rough, but are not bad. Everything just feels so relax. I felt my cellphone vibrate and I took it out. It was Roxan who texted me.

“Hey Ryan Roxan wants us to have dinner with her and her brother later on. She also wants us to invite Brandon.”

“Sure I got no problem with that….but why would she want Brandon to come? Not that I got any problem with it” Ryan replied raising his eyebrow and giving me a shrug.

“I don’t know they both have a cat and dog relationship. I guess is just so Brandon can talk to Joseph.”

I answer thinking of Joseph and Brandon friendship.

“To be honest…Brandon respect and admired Joseph a lot. He sees him like an older brother or a role model, even if he is a jerk sometimes.” I said as I started to swing our hands together.

Ryan smile at me and nodded.

“I guess Joseph must be a nice guy.”

“Yeah, he is like my big brother.” I said while Ryan opens the door of the Ice Cream Shop for me.

“Thank you, my kind Sir!” He just gave me a smile.

The Ice Cream Shop was a family run one. So a lot of people knew each other and treated everyone nicely. I don’t come here but I like it since it always have a warm atmosphere to it. When we got there a nice girl greeted us and asks for our orders. I just ask for a Cookies & Creams and Ryan had Chocolate Chip. He paid for both of us even if I insisted that I could pay for mine.

“Do you have any brother or sister?” I ask Ryan trying to make small talk while we waited for our ice cream.

“No, it’s just me and my dad. My dad work at the Hospital so I don’t get to see him a lot” Ryan just gave me a short shrug.

“Oh, that must be lonely huh?”

“Not really. Not as much as you may think because maybe my dad is not usually around I know he’s working so hard for me. I also got you guys and my family to keep me company if I ever feel lonely so is not bad.” He said while playing with his hands.