Connection 1

Jason/River Pov

Hello. -River

That's all I typed into the chat room. A simple greeting that couldn't mean less, an action I would not believe to have any consequences. It was so innocent and plain. 'Hello' how could an un extravagant five letter word change my life from that moment on? It seems so ridiculous and impossible, completely unbelievable. Yet... That's what happened. Not all at once, but over time, I was going to shape my path so miraculously from that 'hello'.

Hey! Welcome to the chat! ^~^ -GreenTeaLover

~Luscious joined the chat room~

Why was I invited here?- Luscious

Aww, you don't want to talk? >~<- GreenTeaLover

What's with all the the faces? - Luscious

They're cute! :) -GreenTeaLover

They're annoying. -Luscious

~Kitty joined the chat~

Hey! I think your faces are great GreenTea! -Kitty

Thanks! Some one gets it! ^~^- GreenTeaLover

I read over the chat, already feeling a bit odd. The conversation was taking off and I was all so new to the site. I didn't realize you'd get invited to chats so suddenly.

So, why'd you invite me? -River

I figured it was best to ask, not really knowing what was so intriguing about my empty profile. My profile picture was the default as well not to mention. They didn't even know what I looked like. But then again, none of their profile pictures actually show cased their faces. Luscious's looked like a logo to some punk rock band I never heard of, Kitty's was a picture of an antique camera in a rustic filter, and GreenTeaLover's was an obnoxious gif of some anime girl doing a peace sign. I didn't really know what to set for mine. Was it even acceptable to show your face online?

I heard so many stories about creepy old men pretending to be fifteen year old girls over the Internet. Stalkers who would try to obtain as much information on you as possible. Was it safe to have your face as a profile picture? I assumed it wasn't the best idea, being the untrusting human being I was. So until I settled I'd just keep it blank.

I looked back at the chat, realizing it was bursting with life again.

I invited you all to just hang out and have fun! ^~^ - GreenTeaLover

Stop the faces. -Luscious

Never! -GreenTeaLover

Well, I'm glad to meet all of you. -Kitty

So, you just invited us at random? Isn't that dangerous? -River

No, we're just talking after all. *le shrug* -GreenTeaLover

I felt... Well, like an out of place idiot. I wasn't so sure if I'd fit in with this crowd. They all seemed so different from me. GreenTeaLover was obviously very bubbly and sociable, Kitty seemed calm and sweet, while Luscious seemed like some guy who wanted to appear cool and better than everyone else. And I, well, I was a broken record. A horrible socialist who only knew the same three jokes, and five conversation starters. But, maybe it was because of the fact that these people all seemed so different from me, that they intrigued me.

True enough. -River

So, how's everyone's day going? I just ate a muffin! -GreenTeaLover