Lover's of the Past

We just got landed in London. We moved here from Mexico because my parents are photographers and we move a lot. I am not that happy about moving but my best friend Anna and her boyfriend Zayn live here so I know some people.

someone here.

                “ Kirsten some get these boxes and put them in Benny’s room!”

Benny is my little step brother. I guess he is pretty awesome. He’s  5 years old and he is the sweetest little thing ever.

Anna texts me, “ Hey gurl cum ova”. We misspell words one purpose. 

“on meh wayy’

I already got her address before we moved into the new house.

I am sitting on her bed and we are doing each other hair in French braids.

“ I am not all that excited to go to school tomorrow. I don’t think anyone will like me. They will think of me as ‘the new girl’.”

“ Don’t worry it will be great! I will be there and so will Zayn. I am sure you will make lots of new friends.”

“ Yeah I guess.”

It’s around 9 p.m. when I get home. 

“You better get to bed soon! You don’t wanna be late on your first day!” my step-dad Lenny says.

“ Shut up, Lenny” .

I run upstairs and take a shower then head off to bed.

It’s the first day of high school. Shit. This is the day I have always feared. It’s true when you’re younger, you’re so excited to take the step closer to adulthood, independence, and new life experiences.  But once you progress in your maturity, and get older, you start to realize, everything is happening all way to fast. What happened to your childhood? How in the hell did you get here? I don’t even know how to answer that question.  

I wake up at 3 a.m. to start getting ready. I put on a pair of white skinny jeans, a blank tank top with crosses on the front and white and black stripes on the back. I brush my naturally curly hair back into a ponytail. I do a natural makeup look and put on a pair of baby blue converse. I eat a bowl of cereal and run upstairs to brush my teeth.  

My mom drives me to school and drops me off at the office doors.

“Have a great day!”

“ I won’t I am the new girl”.

“ Hi I am Karsen Bellani, the new girl”.

“Ah yes! We found 4 people who have all the same classes with you, they'll show you around." The clerk says, all to fake.

10 minutes later 3 boys and a girl show up.

"Hi, I'm Niall." A medium blonde haired boy says sticking out his hand. I shake it slightly.

Next a tall curly haired green eyed boy introduces himself as Harry. He has a deep voice for a freshmen. 

"I'm Briella." She says smiling. I nod.

"You're creepy. I don't like you." The last boy says.

"Louis! Be nice, I'm sorry! That's Louis, he's to cool for new kids." Harry says hitting Louis head. 

"I'm his best friend. He's just to shy to meet people." Briella says.

"I am not! Look at her!" He says. I get self conscious.

"He likes you, he's being a jerk to show off." Niall whispers in my ear, I can tell we'll be good friends,

I look at Louis,

I walk up to him, "We'll I'm Karsen, I don't care if you like me or not, but we have all our classes together, so you better respect me." I say holding out my hand, he's about to shake it when I pull it away and walk over to the rest, shaking my hips.

I look back to see Louis smirking.

I'll never forget those eyes or that smirk.