Recovery

Miranda's pov

I get up when a knock sounds. I open it. It's a cop! "Miranda Brown?" He asks. I nod, worried. "There's been an accident." He says, twisting his hat in his hand. My eyes go wide, the knife I was using to chop vegetables, clatters to the ground. "W-What happened?" I whimper. "A drunk attacked him at a nearby bar. Stabbed him in the stomach. I'll escort you to the hospital." I shakily follow him out. We drive to the hospital and I run in screaming his name. I trip and fall to my knees. A doctor walks over. "What's wrong ma'am? Who are you looking for?" "M-My boyfriend, Jason. He got stabbed." He looks like he's thinking. "Cowboy hat with the plaid?" He asks. I stand up quickly and nod, my legs shaking. "Follow me ma'am." He says.

Jason's pov

The door swings open. I painfully sit up better. "Oh man, are you okay?" "Yeah, you should see the other guy." I say, my voice strained from the pain. My doctor walks out and attaches an IV bag to me. "What on earth happened?" She gasps. "I was singing at the bar, a drunk yelled at me to shut up and we got in a fight. He stabbed me. I stabbed him." My hands tense up from the pain. "When the heck am I gettin' outta here doc?" "Soon. You just have to get stable." Ugh I hate waiting. I'd rather be at the bars, playing my music, getting recognized. The doctor leaves. She's got her head buried in her knees. "Baby I'm okay. I promise. It barely even hurts." Ok that's a lie. My stomach is killing me. "Don't lie to me, Jason." "Alright I won't. It hurts but not enough to where it'll kill me. I'm gonna be okay." "I love you." She says, hugging me. "I love you too, hun."

*a few days later*

Miranda's pov

He's sleeping now. I look over worriedly. I roll the blanket down, revealing a tight bandage with blood on it. I'm so scared. What if he doesn't get better?

Jason's pov

I wake up, hearing crying. She's having a nightmare. I struggle to sit up and shake her awake. "Baby go home and get some sleep. I'm alright here." "No I'm not leaving you here. Something could happen." "Nothin' is gonna happen. I'm fine." "If you were fine, you'd be able to come home." The doctor walks in. "Here, we can move another bed in here so you can get some sleep without leaving him."

Miranda's pov

I guess I can do that. They wheel a bed in here and I lay down, just now realizing how unbearably exhausted I am. I fight to keep my eyes open. He looks over at me and holds my hand. "Just go to sleep baby." A tear falls from my eye. "You promise you'll still be here?" He smiles. "Of course." He strugglingly sits up and kisses me gently. "Go to sleep. I'm right here and I'm not goin' anywhere." I smile and drift off to sleep.

*later*

I wake back up. "Jason, you awake?" I mumble, rubbing my eyes. Silence. My eyes open and my head snaps to the left. The bed beside me is empty!! I sit up and scream his name. The bathroom door opens. "It's alright baby I just went to the bathroom." "Oh God, I didn't know where you went." He smiles. "Hun you worry too much." I roll my eyes and he lays beside me in the bed I was in. I scoot closer and lay my head on his shoulder. He rubs my back.

*one week later*

He's finally well enough to go home. As soon as we walk in the door, he grabs a notepad and pen. "What ya doin'?" I ask as he sits on the couch. He smiles and I sit beside him. He goes to work on a new song titled my kinda party. While he's writing I fall asleep.

Jason's pov

She's been up all week, worried about me. At least she doesn't have to worry anymore. I'm okay. I pick her up and carry her to our room. She doesn't stir. I kiss her forehead and set my notepad down. I'll work more on it later. I lay down beside her and get some sleep.