Chapter One-Just The Beginning

Chapter One - Just The Beginning

"Wake Up!" said my little brother.

I took one of my pillows and threw it at him.

"That didn't hurt," he said in a teasing way.

I replied back, "Did it look like I was trying to hurt you?"

He just looked at me and left my room.

I glanced at my clock and it was 9:00 in the morning.

I yawned and got out of bed.

My outfit I just changed in consisted of a batman t-shirt and black jean booty shorts.

There I was, living a normal life with one younger brother and an older brother.

My little brother's name was Ryan. He was a 14-year-old that had blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.

My older brother's name was Hunter and he was 17 years old. He had green eyes and shaggy brown hair.

And I was here, being a 16 year old teenage girl that had grey eyes and plain brown hair.

I went downstairs to go get something to eat when I saw my mom watching the news.

I said, "Good morning, Mom."

She looked behind her and smiled as she said, "Good morning, Alyssa."

I smiled back and continued to look for food.

Hunter came in and said, "Good morning, Alyssa."

After that, he kissed my forehead. He was like a dad to me. He was like a dad to all of us. Our real dad was in the Air Force. Hunter was the closest we could get. I miss Dad so much. During the nights, I call him just to make sure he's okay.

I looked at Hunter. I bumped into him on purpose and smiled. Grabbing some bacon on the counter, I sat next to my mom and asked, "Mom can I go skateboard for a while and visit some friends?"

My mom always let us do what we want, but we had to be careful so she said, "Okay, Sweetheart. Remember don't get in trouble."

I replied, "Yes, Mom." I kissed her cheek and went to get my penny board , iPod, and headphones.

I went to my friend's house, Eliza May. She was beautiful. She had hazel eyes, brown hair, dimples like me, and braces. When I reached her house I put my penny board by the door. Before I could knock, I heard a gun shot.

I froze for a moment.

I opened the door that was unlocked and I saw her two little brothers playing a gun game. In relief, I went over to where they were and hugged both of them. I said, "How are you, Jr and Dj?"

They ignored me and kept playing.

Eliza May's mom came in the living room and saw me with Jr and Dj. She smiled and asked, "How did you get in here?"

I replied with, "The door was open."

She replied back, "Oh, well Eliza May is in her room"

I smiled and answered with, "Thanks."

I went upstairs and opened the door to Eliza May's room and saw Eliza May and her boyfriend cuddling on her bed. I secretly jumped on them and we all laughed. Her boyfriend was really kind, he helps animals live and volunteers to assist the elderly. He was perfect, his eyes were light brown, and he had Justin Bieber/Niall Horan hair.

Ugh, I wish he was mine.

He said smiling, "Hey Alyssa."

I said, "Hey Ashton. How are you?"

He replied back, "Good."

He looked over at Eliza and he kissed her cheek and said, "Hey babe, I have to go I'll see you later okay?"

Eliza smiled and said, "Okay bye. Love you"

While Ashton was leaving the room he winked and smiled at her. They were perfect for each other.

Eliza looked at me and smiled, "What's up?"

I said, "I need one."

Eliza laughed and replied, "Need what?"

I said, "A boyfriend, like badly."

She smiled and grabbed my hand and we went downstairs to where her mom was.

She said, "Mom, I'm taking Alyssa somewhere."

Her mom just smiled and nodded.