Preparation

It's been exactly one year since the war with Teiko. Everything has gone back to normal except the new festival to celebrate the profound victory.

Ansera's pov

"Wake up!!!!" Kougyoku shouts as she tries to get me out of bed.
"No, I don't want to," I said bluntly as I cling onto my bed.

It wasn't even dawn yet. I can see the stars and moon still up.

Plus, why would it be a great idea to get out of my warm comfy bed when we should still be asleep?

And why should I celebrate a festival of my friend's death and my failures with Gyoken?

Sighing, Kougyoku says," You leave me no choice."

I snuggled into my blanket more keeping no mind of Kougyoku's presence.

Well, I finally paid attention when I noticed Judar shining this bright light in my face. I tried to use my blanket as a shield but it was taken away immediately.

"No!Not my blanket!" I yawned.

"Well, too bad," Kougyoku said as she dragged me out. "Time for you to change!!! We can't have you here forever!!"

Kougyoku looks excited for me to get out of bed. She probably is because we hardly talk now a days. It's nothing personal but I was helping Kou's magi lab out. However, I was avoiding Kouha a lot ever since that unknown incident, distancing us.

I finally let her drag me away as I was separated from my one only true love, my bed.

I was actually in some decent clothes as Kougyoku made me help out with the festival.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sighing, I walked through the hallways holding multiple boxes. The last chore!! Three hours of preparation done!!!

After finishing up those horrid chores (Kougyoku tries to help as much as she can but ends up making it worse so I'm the one cleaning it up) , I saw a portrait of the entire Ren family.

Feeling curious, I felt the urge to explore this unknown hallway. Don't get me wrong. I lived here for 2 years now but this hallway was forbidden for some reason. Not even the servants go through here.

As I walk through, I noticed pictures of some teenage boys who looks kind of like Hakuryuu.

I felt the rukh around me intensify as I walked deeper. It started fluttering everywhere , almost anxious to leave.

I wonder why everything started feeling  off.

Every step I took started to get heavier as my vision blurred slightly. I felt dumb not noticing the heavy magic -filled air.

I saw two dark figure approach.  Male?

"Didn't anyone tell you not to go here little kid? It's dangerous especially the people."

Huh? My mind couldn't process the image in front of me.

I felt a light hand on my head from one of the figures trying to pet me but it soon faded away as I fall down to the ground losing all my energy.

The only thing I remembered was the symbols left on their clothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes slowly open as I realize I was in my own room again.

I noticed a sleeping Kougyoku by my side.

My mind went straight to the dark figures I saw earlier. They looked noble wearing those vibrant white pins.

I quietly got out of my bed as I walked outside.

Something didn't feel right.

As I walked, I saw many members of Al Thamen pass by.

Just what exactly were they up to?

----------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I feel stupid for not noticing earlier but thank you sooooooo much for the 3k views!!!!!! Like it means sooo much since most of the time I was on a hiatus.
I hope you like this chapter!
Remember to vote and comment!!
Until next time,
Bye!~
ω