Dear, Sky

Dear Sky,

Hey babe, it’s me, Jaime. I know it’s been awhile, and you've been very busy with school, work and all. I know you’re sorry you couldn't visit me as much as you wanted to ,but its okay. Family has been in and out, and my mom’s getting under my skin. Jeezz, but you got to love that woman, huh? I know it’s kind of old school writing you a letter and all, but I wanted to switch things up. I just wanted to tell you that you are my muse; you're the reason I'm still trying to fight. I'm fighting to live for US, for me, but you know and I know I'm getting weaker. The real reason I'm writing to you is because it seems like my time is up; this fighter can no longer go on .

I couldn't bear to see your pretty little face filled with tears. It would break my heart to know  I'm the reason why you’re crying. I could never live with that.

About three days ago my doctor and I had a talk, and it turns out the cancer is spreading to my lungs. Chemo isn't going to work any more, and I only have about two days left. As I'm writing you this in my hospital bed, I can't stop crying, wishing I could have more time with you , I'm going to miss you going on your tippy toes just to try to reach my lips  and you trying your best to squeeze me your hardest. Your burnt toast *chuckles*. Man, what I wouldn't do just to have one more taste. Your beautiful big smile could make any angry person smile. I think of you calling me silly, making sure I'm doing my best.

I'm going to miss what we had and us. It’s going to be hard watching from above, seeing another guy take my spot, loving and caring for you, but you deserve the best, and I'm unable to give you that. I can just hope you can forgive me for not telling you. By the time you get this letter, I will be gone.

I love you, and I'm sorry.
You will forever and always be my angel .

Love , Jamie