SIX

What I mean
6

I was going to Brendon's house today. I'm going to confront him for being the asshole he is. I walked up the steps and knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again. I hears shuffling and the door opened to see Brendon. He was a mess. Hair ruffled, nags under his eyes.

"Hi." he said.

"Hi..What's wrong?"

"Are you still mad?" he asked. He knows.

"About what?" I tried to act dumb.

"Melissa and I? 2007.." he said. I sighed. It's obviously hard on him.

"No. But, why did you do it?" I asked.

"I dunno.. I was a stupid kid. I didn't know what I was doing. Its been eight years and I regret it every time I think about it.." his eyes were tearing up. I leaned forward and hugged him,

"Its okay. Just, don't do it again." I said. He nodded.

***

Brendon and I were at a club, with Spencer and Dallon. I was worried about Bren.. He drank a lot that evening.

"Hey, I gotta go to the ladies room. I'll be back." I said to Dallon. He nodded and I stood up, walking toward the bathroom. I did my business and walked out to see.. Brendon.

Passed out.

What an idiot.

I walked over and picked him up, his arm slouched around my neck and all his body weight on me. Dallon offered to help but I got it. I carried him outside to the car. Carefully, I plopped him down in the passenger seat and got in the drivers seat. I started the car and started driving home.

"Mmmelizzza." Brendon murmered. Did he just say Melissa? "Melissa.. no." What is he dreaming about? "Melissa stop. This is wrong." he practically yelled. What the heck? "Melissa! STOP! Ah! Hannah! No, please! This isn't what it looks like!" Was he dreaming about the night of my accident? "Melissa. You fucking bitch..." Did I get the wrong understanding of this all? Did Melissa make a move and Brendon wasn't guilty? Oh god, I need to speak with my sister.

Brendon's mumbles fell silent as I guess his dream ended. How could my sister have done this? I turned up the radio to try to distract myself. Twenty øne piløts Stressed Out came on. Really? I changed the station. I don't need to be listening to a song about stress when I'm already stressed.

"Oh.. Hi Hannah." Brendon said, waking up.

"Brendon did my sister rape you the night of my accident." I asked bluntly. He seemed taken aback by the sudden question.

"Y-Yeah.. She did. I didn't want to tell you so you didn't get mad at he-"

"Brendon, that's illegal. You should have called the police for gods sake.." I said. He nodded,

"I know.."

"Do it when you're sober."

"What?"

"When you're sober, call the police."

"On your sister? Are you insane?"

"No. She raped someone, Brendon. That's not okay. No matter how much I love her, she deserves to be arrested.

"Oh.. O-Okay.." Brendon said before putting his head back and closing his eyes, trying to fall back asleep.

This will be a long week..