Searing Pain (KakaObi Oneshot)

Pain. It was the first thing I felt when I realized what had just happened. Obito had thrown me out of the way of a falling rock. He got crushed instead.

"Are you alright....Kakashi....Rin?" A faint familiar voice asked.

"Obito!" I screamed when the dust cleared. His whole right side was crushed by that damned rock, his mouth leaking with his blood. I ran to him, tears already falling from my eyes. It should have been me, I should have died. I tried to push the rock off of him, I have to save him. He can't die. He can't leave me, just when we were starting to...

"It's no use Kakashi, my whole right side is totally crushed," he coughed out. I dropped to the ground.

"Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!" I screamed, pounding my fist into the ground.

"If only I had listened to you! If only we had come to rescue Rin first!" I screamed. I buried my face in my hands and sobbed. This pain that I'm feeling, it burns. As if someone was ripping my heart out of me, tearing my apart limb from limb, throwing me in a fire. It burned so much. My heart was on fire, clenching with guilt and pain. I could have saved him. I should have. What kind of a jounin am I?!

"So what if I made Jounin!" I screamed.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I was the only one who hadn't gotten you a gift," Obito spoke peacefully. I looked up at him, tears still falling freely through my eyes.

"Don't worry; I promise it won't be some useless baggage," he assured, "I'm giving you my Sharingan." He activated his left eye. I sniffed.

"From now on, I will become your eye, and see the future for you, with you," he whispered. He turned to Rin.

"Use your medical ninjutsu to take my whole eye and put it in Kakashi's left eye," he instructed.

"I'll start right away. Kakashi," she motioned to him. He looked painfully at Obito. Obito smiled weakly in reassurance, and he went over to them. Obito reached out to him, and he took his hand. More tears gathered in his eyes as he realized Obito's hand was loosing warmth. Rin began the operation, tears slipping from her eyes as well. She took the bandage off my eye and reached to Obito's eye.

"Wait," I whispered, "this is the last time Obito will see me, will see us." Obito looked up at Rin, and then met my eyes.

"Thank you, Obito," I cried and ran a hand through his hair, "if only I would have told you sooner," I leant down to his ear, "that I never hated you. In fact, I've always....I've always loved you." He looked into my eyes weakly.

"I feel the same, Kakashi," he whispered with a light smile. My heart clenched and more tears slipped down my face. I leant down and placed a soft kiss on his colder than what they should be lips. He kissed back, and sighed with contentment when I sadly pulled away. Rin looked back and forth between us with understanding.

"Alright, it's now or never," I sighed, more tears flowing down my face, "proceed." Obito and I shared one last loving glance before his sight was gone, and his eye was implanted in mine. He closed his now empty eye, and sighed. I ran a finger over his face, my soft and destressed expression hardening into a look of pure murder. I will kill that man. I jumped up, breakin the rocks and made my presence known to that bastard that took my Obito's life.

"Still alive? How stubborn," he said, my left eye closed with tears falling from it.

"Shinobis don't cry, crybaby," he taunted, and I immediatley opened the eye, pulling out my sword and charging towards him. He quickly broke my sword, but I gained the upperhand, finishing him off with my Chidori, the jutsu Obito helped me perfect. I ran back to Obito and Rin afterwards, climbing up.

"Go now," Obito said. I gasped.

"I can't leave you, Obito," I cried.

"Enemy re-enforcements will be here soon. Take Rin and get out of here," Obito argued. I looked around, and found at least a hundred back up ninjas. They created an earthstyle earthquake as I reached for Rin. She hesitated, then took hold of my hand. I pulled her up as the rock crashed down onto Obito.

"Kakashi," he whispered, "take care of Rin."

"I will Obito, for you," I vowed. We jumped up as I left my heart with Obito. Never in my life, have I been so broken before.

__________________________

"Obito!" I screamed as I woke up in a fit of blind kicks and screams. I bolted up, my body sweating despite my shivering. I looked in the mirror, and slowly opened my left eye. Obito's Sharingan stared back at me.

"Obito..." I whispered. Tears began to pool in my eyes as I realized it wasn't just a dream. Obito was gone for good. I sat back down on my bed, remembering how soft his skin was. How smooth his lips were. How sweet he tasted. I missed him so much. I need him. I...I...

"I love you Obito."