Chapter 18

Natsu's (POV) It was days before she woke in the hospital at magnolia. "Natsu..." She said still recovering. I lowered my head and explained to her that I wasn't her Natsu. Tears rolled down her cheeks the more I talked. "I'm leaving. I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you for stopping me." I said as I picked up my duffle bag from the floor. I was pulled back my her arms wrapped around my chest. "Don't go. Please don't go." She said turning me around. She stood up still IV's in her arms, and kissed me. I pulled away. "Lucy...I'm not who you think I am. I'll never be him. I'm an entirely different person." I said trying to leave her grasp. "That's no true. Your Natsu Dragneel. Your a fairy tail wizard. You're no longer a creation out of Zeref's book. You're free to lead the life you choose now." I said to him. "I can't stay by your side Lucy." I said. "Why not. Tell my one reason why you can't." She asked. I couldn't respond. "You can't can you?" She asked. I broke free of her hug. "Let me go." I said with a serious voice. Before I knew it, she had slung a scarf around my neck I saw myself wear in my memories. "It's special to you." She said. "Lucy." I said. She let me step outside while she changed. After she told me to come back in, she rubbed her hand over the place my guildmark had been. It was just a faint scare. She grabbed my hand and led me to the guild. Everyone looked at me in surprise. I wasn't their Natsu. They all greeted me with smiles and tears. "You have it all wrong." I tried to explain. They wouldn't listen to me, but instead Lucy pressed my guild mark back on my body. In the same place. The same color. I brought Lucy to the side. "Lucy...I can't stay." I said brushing her hair from her face. She showed me her Guild mark. "You where the one to bring me here Natsu. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here. I want you by my side. It doesn't matter if your not the same entirely. You will find yourself once again here." She said and hugged me. "Are you for certain Lucy?" I asked. "Yes...I'm certain." She responded and we kissed. The deep kiss left a memory I would never forget. That night she asked me to stay with her. "I have no right to touch you Lucy." I said. "You have every right Natsu." She said bringing herself closer to me. It was a night I would never forget. I loved her more than anyone in the world. She accepted who I was and led me back into the light.