For a Change

February 2016

"Will this be aired?" Joy laughed at Oh Min Suk's statement. She happened to be watching the Oh Yeah Couple's segment on We Got Married and somehow, she was jealous of their interactions.

"If only Sungjae oppa isn't..." She cut off her thoughts right away and tried to focus on the show. She envied how the couple were planning on something after the show ends, while there she is, wondering if she ever crosses Sungjae's mind when they're not taping.

It's true that she feels his sincerity despite his childishness, but those aren't enough for her to be certain of his feelings.

"Yah, Sooyoung-ah. You don't even know what you're feeling so who are you to judge others'?" She frowned, admitting that it was true. She couldn't understand what she feels for him anyway. She's been openly saying that she likes him, even showing gestures and affections that he just dismisses with another lame joke.

Maybe that's why... She doesn't know how she feels because Sungjae seems to reject all of her advances.

"He's only doing this for the show. Stop it." She reminded herself so many times, and tried not to be too clingy to him during the next taping. She was always lenient with his jokes, but deep inside, it hurts her to see him not care at all. She's the one who's been trying to make moves, and yet he neglects all these.

Until that one day when she said, "Geumanhae." Sungjae kept on teasing her, and her usual reaction would be to give in and laugh with him, but today, no. She was so full of this that she simply kept quiet with her arms crossed, looking straight into nothingness.

"Sooyoung-ah!" He was still in his playful mood. When he did not hear a response, he pulled the car over to the side and looked at her.

"Sooyoung-ah, mianhae. I just... I just wanted to tease you." He explained, but she didn't respond.

"Joy-ah, come on, talk to m--." He pleaded her but she cut him off.

"Oppa, can you please take me to my dorm? Red Velvet actually has something scheduled for today, and I just agreed to tape We Got Married for a bit. The staff knows it already." She said monotonously, without looking at him.

"Yah, are you actually mad at me? I'm sorry... Hey..."

"Oppa, I'm gonna be late."

He sighed. His heart felt heavy. This was the first time she was acting like this. But he still brought her to her dorm. She got off with a nod and a simple thank you. When she left, the staff asked Sungjae for an interview.

Q: What happened?

"I-I honestly don't know, PD-nim. I didn't expect her to react like that. Normally, when I tease her she was okay with it, but earlier..."  He sighs in distress and doesn't know what else to say.

Q: How do you think she felt?

"I don't know... Was she tired of it? Of me being like this? Mollayo... All I know is I need to make it up to her."

Q: And how are you planning to do that?

Sungjae nodded to himself with determination evident in his eyes.

Red Velvet had a mini performance at a show and they were now packing up. They were on their way to their van when Yeri received a text message. She giggled and whispered something to the girls aside from Joy. They made sure to talk to their manager right after, and luckily they did not have any other schedule for the day.

"Ah eonni, we'll go ahead okay?" Yeri smiled as she pulled the other members into the van, leaving Joy dumbfounded.

"Y-yah! What are you doing? Why are you leaving me! Eonni! Manager-nim!" She called out but they left.

Not even a minute after, a familiar vehicle stopped right in front of her. And she immediately knew who it was. She turned around to ignore him when he suddenly grabbed her arm and forced her to face him.

"Oppa, let me go!" She struggled.

"Aniya, not until you forgive me yeobo." He revealed the bouquet of flowers he has been hiding behind his back and handed it to her. She simply looked at them and immediately turned away.

"Joy, please." He pleaded. "I know I'm wrong. I'm sorry if I teased you too much."

"Exactly oppa. It's just that sometimes, you dont take anything seriously anymore. All my words, they seem like nothing to you." Her misty eyes increased the guilt Sungjae has been feeling. "Oppa, I feel like I'm the only one doing this. The only one feeling like this. I don't even know if all the nights I spent crying are all worth it! Oppa, do you even care about me?" She slightly pushed his chest as the first drops of tears fell. "Do you even know how much it hurts me when you turn my sweet lines into jokes? I have feelings too you know?! I may be playful but I have my limits oppa, and I just couldn't take it any longer! I'm--"

She was silenced by Sungjae's embrace. She ended up sobbing on his chest, confused on what she was supposed to do.

"Mianhae joy-ah... I care about you... I really do... More than you know..."