Chapter 4

Wow I almost forgot about Wattpad, its been so long since I've updated my story but tonight is the night you shall stop waiting for what happens next.

*Jasmine in Media*

Makayla POV

I walk into the house and grab my things and go upstairs to do homework and eat. As soon as I get in my room i hear my name from a distance,
Mom: "Makayla!"
Me: "Yes?"
Mom: "How was your first day?"
Me: "It was really good, I think I'm gonna like being here for a while"
Mom: "Did you happen to make any new friends?"
Me: "Yes actually, and she lives next door, she drove me home today and she showed me around to all my classes, she's the main reason why my day went so well."
Mom: "Oh yeah, Jay right? I talked to her mom earlier today and she told me she had a daughter in high school and we were hoping you guys would meet in school and get to know each other, but she sounds very nice, I can't wait to meet her."
Me: "Well today is your lucky day because I invited her over to do homework later."
Mom: "Well what time so I'll know when to cook dinner and I'll call her mom so she can come as well".
As I'm walking towards the door I say "8", and go to my room.

I close my door and turn on some music while I lay on my bed, avoiding homework. I knew it was a bad idea but I did it anyway. About 2 songs later I felt myself getting sleepy so I decided to actually go to my desk and do some of my easy work. After a while I look at the time and it is 6:30 and so I decide to start getting dressed for dinner. I got in the shower for about 25 minutes and then got out and did my hygiene thing. I went to my closet to pick out something to wear and decided on a long sleeve, pink Polo shirt and some nice jeans and my black Vans. I put my hair in a bun and I put on my necklace with a "M" on it. I'm all set and ready to go and its almost 8. I check myself in the mirror one more time and then head downstairs to help mom set the table before they arrive. Mom made this new dish she had never made before but looked delicious, called Parmesan Alfredo Chicken. From its name I assume that it's a mix between Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Alfredo, which are both extremely good dishes. She also made a vegetable medley side and yeast rolls along with a caramel cake. Taking me away from my delicious thoughts, I heard a knock on the door so I made sure I looked okay one more time and I opened the door.

Jay POV

I walk in the house and go upstairs to do homework. My mom isn't home yet, she doesn't get off until 6 and its only 4 right now. I flopped down on my bed and got my hard work out of the way because my easy work is Math, which Makayla needs help with. I finished my work in an hour and so I decided I'd take a quick nap while I have some free time to spare. My nap lasted a little over an hour due to me hearing the front door open, which meant mom was here. I go downstairs and greet her and she says "We're going to the new neighbors house for dinner tonight, I know you were gonna go anyway to do homework, but Alicia, Makayla's mom, called me at work and invited me too so it could be a dinner thing and a bonding thing so anyway its already after 6 so start getting ready."

I head back upstairs and go to my closet, in search for something I think Makayla might like. I see a pink button down Polo shirt and I take it off the hanger then I find some decent jeans to go with it and I take out my black Vans. I hop in the shower and do my hygiene stuff after, and then I put on my clothes. I spray on some cologne, put on my watch, put on my necklace, put on my shoes, then I check myself in the mirror. I go downstairs and see my mom is finishing up getting ready as well and she looked amazing, she had on a black strapless blouse with some khaki colored jeggings and one inch wedges.

Me: "Ma we're just going next door for dinner, not the club." I laugh at my own joke as she looks at me and says
Ma: "Says the one with a button down tucked in her pants." I roll my eyes playfully and walk towards the door. I open it and mom looks me over again and just smiles as if I'm being mischievous, I look at her confused and nervous,
Me: "What is it, is my shirt wrinkly, my hair sticking up, this belt doesn't go, shirt look tight?" I ask. She says
Ma: "Calm down Jay you look fine, you're really trying to impress this girl huh?" I look at her in denial and say,
Me: "What? No. I just met her, we're just friends, besides she has a boyfriend."
Ma: That's never stopped you before.