Hard Men Can Learn

Close your eyes and imagine a homeless man on the streets with a criminal record. This man is considered to be a burden in society. While in ruth, he has a hard work ethic and a strong will. He just associated with the wrong crowd, but because of his criminal record he is unable to get a job. Ex-convicts have made mistakes but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to get a respected, well paying job. The Bible says that God is a man of second chances, and redemption is possible. Ex-convicts have also proved they can work hard at a dog rescue center in New Orleans, Louisiana. The solution is simple and the outcome for this small problem is economic growth. These men and women with criminal records can learn  their lesson and work harder than normal workers because they know what they can lose.
   In the bustling city or New Orleans, there are dark alleys, but there are also good places. One of these light places is Villa Lobos Rescue Center. This pitbull rescue center has a popular television show called "Pit Bulls and Parolees," along with a website that has their beliefs and dogs that can be adopted. The mission stated by the website is "saving man and man's best friend." The misunderstood parolee's are treated like the mistrusted dogs they tend to. These ex-convicts work hard so they can repent for what they've done wrong so they deserve a second chance that they will be respected for.
   For centuries, Christians have looked to the Bible for guidance. The Bible does believe in giving second chances. An article, "What Does The Bible Say About Second Chances", tells that God had given many people in the Bible second chances. These ex-convicts are people that at least deserved a chance to have a decent job. Employers fear that they can't be trusted but they fail to see that any normal worker can do what the ex-convicts can. The Bible tells that God is forgiving so these ex-convicts should be given a chance because it's the right thing to do.
   A solution for ex-convicts is as simple as giving them a chance but it requires persuasion. Giving the ex-convicts a proper interview, then, if the employer likes them, a supervised , part-time job. Despite how long it may take to persuade the employer, it needs to be done. The article "Unable to get Jobs, Freed Inmates Return to Jail," by NBC News, explains that prisoners are going back to prison because they can't get employed. The article also explains that inmates need a job that pays more than minimum wage so that they will not be "selling drugs on the street corner". The article states , "If people get drawn back into the real world, get a job and make a living, studies show they'll be less likely to go back to prison." The ex-convicts leaving jail are judged because of their history so they cannot get proper employment. The important question everyone thinks is "why is this my problem?". This is a problem that affects everyone because everyone pays to keep the jail houses running through taxes. If these prisoners get job then there will be cheaper taxes because there will be fewer inmates and it will improve the product and factor markets leading to an increased economy. The pros for giving ex-convicts a proper job are astounding while the cons are just the fear of employers being robbed, which an ordinary employee could do.
    The ex-convicts that are released need to find proper employment because only more money out of normal citizens pockets can follow. The ex-cons deserve to have a job they can respect. These people have proven they can work hard at Villa Lobos Rescue Center. Also, why not give the judged men and women a second chance as taught in the Bible? If ex-convicts return to prison because they cannot get a job then it's only more tax money others will have to pay. The simple 'give them a chance solution is worth a try. Besides, mistakes don't make a person; the lesson that person learns from it does.