Prologue

*Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.*

-------------------------------------------------------

     This is how the world view Zoe Choi as: a mixed Caucasian/Chinese-Canadian student at Bayview Secondary, which was in Toronto, Canada.
      This is how the kids at Bayview Secondary viewed Zoe Choi as: a strong, independent...quiet girl full of surprises.
     Zoe Choi, not your stereotypical female secondary student, has been waiting for this year for a very long time. This was her last year at Bayview Secondary. Things were going smooth. After this, she would be able to go to college, then get a job, less drama in life.
     Zoe Choi had a crush on Irene Wong the moment she came to Bayview Secondary years ago. Yes, she is a lesbian, or did identify as one. Irene Wong was a pretty......decent girl. Joking. Zoe Choi had a good taste. Irene Choi was the most popular girl on campus, and most guys were into her. She had high standards in men and having interaction with her was like having interaction with a star. It was near impossible, but Zoe acted cool throughout, no signs of being a lesbian.
     The night before her secondary school graduation, Zoe decided to cut her hair short. On prom night, Zoe wore a binder, wore her newly bought black tuxedo, gelled her hair and put on a pair of polished black leather shoes. Most people didn't recognize her, but under the ceiling with the dim lights, nobody really saw her. Only a few people saw her. Some asked if she had became a lesbian and such, and Zoe would reply: "Just was a change in style." While Zoe went to get some fruit punch, Irene Wong bumped into her, spilling her fruit punch when she was just about to leave to go back to her squad. Zoe grabbed a couple of napkins and kneeled down to wipe the mess. When Zoe got back up, Irene handed Zoe one of the two cups of fruit punch she was holding. Irene looked deep into Zoe's eyes. Zoe blushed, but under the dim lights, it wasn't noticeable, and she quickly regained to her stance.

"Thank you." said Zoe.

"No problem. Thank you for cleaning the mess. Thank god my dress is not ruined. You look cute, by the way. What's your name?" Irene said.

Zoe, panicking about Irene thinking that she was a boy, wanted to go with the flow and came up with a lie, "My name is Zac. Zac Choi."

"Well then, nice to meet you, Zac. My name is Irene Wong. I'll see you some day, maybe?" Irene chuckled, gave Zoe a wink, and left.