Suspicions.

"We are always paid for our suspicions by finding what we suspect." -Unknown

We're out.

But it's not over.

Me and Ethan run quickly to the side of the school and hide. I hope that the police officer will just stop looking around and not check back here.

I look forward and see my surroundings. The busy streets of New York. Cars driving up and down the streets. I've lived here all my life and I've never really thought about my surroundings. Never really realized how where I live can affect how I live my life and how I view things.

I look to my left, where Ethan is. He's been craning his neck to peer out from the side.

"Anything?", I ask.

"No. I don't see anybody. Definitely not the police officer.", he replies.

"So.. What are we going to do? We can't go back in the school. Where are we going to go?", I say. It feels weird talking to him, since we haven't in years. Ever since my mom got into that accident, we haven't talked since. I don't even think he knows because we haven't talked. I'm not sure if he heard about it, but all I know is that I never told him about it, and I don't plan to. So it's weird talking to him, knowing that he doesn't know much about me.

"See what that police officer wanted, because I have a feeling there was something important to it.", he says. He says all this while avoiding my eyes, like he's hiding something that he knows.

"Ethan, why-", I say. I quickly shut up about it because I see several police officers coming our way. They just took their guns and threw them on the ground, without looking at them, as if they've done it thousands of times.

But why would they need to?

That doesn't make any sense.

Ethan, I think, sees it too, because he stands up, grabs my arm, and runs across the street as an escape, dragging me with him unexpectedly.

I glance for just a second to see if the police officers are following us.

They are.

We dodge behind some heavy bushes while praying that they didn't see us. We peek through just a little bit. The cops are standing right there, but I don't think they notice us.

"Forget it. We'll talk to him and see what he wants us to do.", one of the police officers says. They walk away and head into their police car, and drive away.

Who's him?

I turn to Ethan, and although this is a serious situation, I can't stop wondering his feelings about this, or me. Back in the school, he just stood there, looking at me. Right now, the expression in his eyes makes him look innocent, and worried.

But I just can't stop thinking that he may know something.

Now I'm thinking about Reni. Is she still in the school? She ran to the end of that hall, and left at the nearest exit. Did she run out of the school like me and Ethan just did? If not, where in the school did she go?

Too many questions, too little time.