Chapter 1

Hello everyone! This is my first story upload. It's a simple romance story about a girl who falls in love with a werewolf. I hope you enjoy my story. Please do comment or suggest anything. It'd help me a lot. Thanks everyone! 

© Copyright 2011

Em plaited her smooth brown hair into a neat, simple French braid, donned a bright blue A-line dress with intricate floral patterns on it and went out the back door.

There was a forest not far from where she stood. Em could smell the composting leaves from even this distance.

Aiden told her not to visit the forest anymore. It was too dangerous but she couldn’t help it. It’s been weeks since they last spoke.

In the meadow where they usually met, the sun rays were warm, radiant yellow filtering through the top branches. It offered her the company she deserved and just for a second, she thought she was alone until the sound of crackling branches made her jump.

“Aiden, is that you?” she said, unsure of herself.

Across the meadow, a boy with messy brown hair and beautiful light blue eyes stepped out into view. He was gorgeous; there was no doubt about that. Em sighed to her relief. She was happy to see him even though she didn't think he would come.

They both leaned in closer for a hug. Em closed her eyes and let the reassuring warmth of the sun linger on her skin, and Aiden’s body tightening around hers. It was nice to be in his arms again, she felt safe and comfortable like in a perfect dream.

And they stood still like this for a while. 

"You know you shouldn't have come," whispered Aiden.

Em broke away from his tight grasp. Why was he being like this? 

"Are you saying you don't want to see me?" 

"It's not that, I told you-" 

The sound of a gunshot echoed through the forest and the distant shouting of a few men were audible.

"Go!" shouted Aiden.

“No, I’m not leaving you and you know that!”

“Please Em, if they catch me with you, I don’t know what will happen to both of us,"

"No,"

"Please,"

The shouting grew louder and Em knew their time was running out. And if they were caught, what would happen to Aiden? Surely, the consequences would be severe and Em didn't want Aiden to get hurt. 

And there was only one option: run.

Em took off in the opposite direction. Running as fast as she could, she made a beeline towards her home.

 And as soon as she reached her bedroom, she could only pray for Aiden’s safety.