Prologue

"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die."

~Leonardo da Vinci

Reader's P.O.V

Every day was the same. Work, Work, Work, No Work, and Work Again. Spending countless hours sitting and answering calls while everybody else ran wild when the manger wasn't looking.  I was tired of doing nothing and if I often if not all the time I fantasied I a different life-style. Dreaming of a far- away place where magical things took place.

Daydreaming costed me a lot, the bus zoomed down the path before me and I cursed the air in spite. Running home didn't take too long, begging my mother to use her car and she allowed it. Under condition; no boys in the car. Hoping in the car I sped off in the direction of my  job. 

Rain poured down furiously, and I of course was happy that I didn't have to walk in this weather. Driving soundlessly was boring and my boredom slowly came back to me although It didn't last long. A single man stood on the outskirts of the forest to the right of me. One would only assume he was a hitch-hiker that needed a ride, and being the nice person I am, give him one.His face covered and his hair down covering whatever the hoodie couldn't hide. 

You let him in the car, he jumped in the backseat, completely drenched. He was already soaked, and it was nothing I could do for him there. All I had was a towel in the front seat which I gently tossed at him. By his ragged hoodie and torned pants I could only guess he was homeless. I dug in my purse pulling out a turkey sandwich., passing to him while keeping your eyes still in the room. He bit into it immediately and I drove off not a care in the world. after some time he speaks to me, "You made this?" I couldn't see the importance of his question and I simply replied with a "Yes."

" It's good"

" Thanks" A smile came to your face and you looked at the rear-view mirror. He finished his sandwich before completely drying off, revealing his face.

His face.

I wasn't scared, no not scared. More like curious. I didn't dare question him on his face . That was his face. Nothing I could do about it but there was a train of blood running down his face and I knew that wasn't from my Turkey Sandwich. 

"Do you need to go to the hospital?" It was more of a formality then a question and you really weren't expecting a no. His replies simply odd. "Your not scared?"

" Of what?" Oblivious to the potential danger that was right behind you. " My face", He says if it is the most oblivious thing in the world.

" It's your face, I can't really judge you because of your face" Your voice was monotone and quiet. You weren't lying. "That's just plain mean".

Once again you told yourself you weren't scared. You didn't sympathize him either. You didn't believe that someone who's self-cautious wanted your pity.

He nodded slowly. With flash a bloodied knife was at your throat, you kept your gaze on the road. No need to get into a car accident. The glint of the reflection of the knife strained your train of thought.

He held it there for awhile before pressing it harder against your neck, blood trailed down your chest although you couldn't feel a thing.

" Scared aren't you?" he said . "Negative" It was a joke that you laughed at despite your current situation. He dug the knife deeper, "Everybody's scared to die. A knife pressed against your throat isn't scary enough, Huh?" he whispered into your ear. " Apparently not." you said.

Your sarcasm was going to be the death of you.

You were driving down a long lonely road , nobody will ever know you were there. He knew that and you knew that as well, "Pull over". You didn't . " Is said pull-over" he said a s patiently as before. 

" Nope" Popping the p.

In a flash he was next to you hands on the wheel, determined to steer you both into the trees, and he did.

You crashed face-first into the forest floor. Barely conscious of the world around you, it was hard to see and you were barely aware of the person dragging your body farther into the forest.