Inner Demons

"I could never be like you, someone who doesn't know what it's like to have human emotions.  Who doesn't know how to feel.  I could never become the monster you are!"  I woke in a cold sweat, bolting upright in my bed.  "No... no, not again, I can't deal with this.  I can't." I got out of my bed and ran to the bathroom in panic.  I pull open the drawer and rummage through the contents with my mind set on one target.  "where is it!? Damn it, where is it!  He took it, he took it all from me!" I sink to the floor, sobs racking through my body.  "How did they get out!?"  I get to my feet, shakily.  Opening my mouth, I let out the scream that brings them back as they re-enter my soul and into my body.  I'm already so broken; I have nothing to save myself from.  I let them take over as I sink into darkness.

Years ago I was "happy".  I put on a mask, the smile, the makeup, the clothes.  Anything to make them believe I was really the girl that I pretended to be.  Miss pretending.  Little did they know that I was depressed, days weren't days of living, they were annoying obstacles that had to be faced.  I was numb inside.  Numb to feeling, I was the person I promised never to be.  I promised my mother I would never sink into the black hole that I found myself in after her death.  Depression is like a war, either you win or you die trying.  That's why I let him take me, he told me he would take the pain away, take away the numbness I couldn't escape.  He lied and broke me.  Made me into a demon, and I let the darkness swallow me.

The only thing I had left of my mother was her cross.  The necklace that she wore on her deathbed.  A blessed, holy object of a higher power.  It burned my hand to hold, but I bared it because I still held on to the last piece of sanity I had.  My demonic nature making it difficult to control myself.  So sure I wasn't your regular, everyday, teenage girl, I was a siren made by Satan himself, and "they" are my inner demons.

Hello to anyone reading. So I will try to post new stories every week and please vote and comment for more!
Love y'all so much!
-Kayte