Chapter 7

Luna's P.O.V

We drove for about an hour before stopping to get coffee and a chocolate sundae each. Bella tipped some of the coffee over the sundae and had me feed it to her while she drove. We hit a pot hole and I got some ice-cream on her nose. We both laughed hysterically as tears ran down our faces. We eventually had to pull over it was getting to bad. Bella reached into her sundae and got ice cream on her finger. She leaned over and put some on my nose. That made us laugh even harder. Five minutes later and we were just starting to settle down. Bella drove back onto the road while I continued to eat my sundae and drink my coffee.

At around 9:00am, we arrived in Townsville.

"Did you get a hotel before we left?" I asked.

"Nope. Look out for one with a vacancy sign."

We finally found the City Oasis Inn. I ran in to book us a room while Bella sat in the car. She suffered from anxiety and didn't want to do it.

"Hi can I get a room please?"

"Sure hun, how many rooms and people?"

"1 room for two adults."

"two single beds or one queen?"

"Is it possible to update to a king? My friend is a bed hog."

"yep that will be $25.00 extra. Now any pets traveling with you?"

"No but ill let you know if that changes."

"okay... well names please."

"Luna Wilkins and Bella Flannery."

"ID please."

"Yep sure." I grabbed out my wallet and my driver's licence and handed it over.

"And your friend's?"

"Can I get her to show you when she comes in?"

"Yes I just have to see it before I give you the room key. That'll be $329."

I handed her my card and made a mental note, get Bella to pay me back.

"thank you."

I ran back out to the car and Bella parked. We grabbed our stuff and walked back to the door of the lobby. Bella just went up to the front desk and showed her ID. We got our room key and made our way to room 203. It was a beautiful room. The cream walls were ornamented with really abstract paintings. There was a bathroom, bedroom and lounge room. We walked into the bedroom to see a King sized bed with a red black and beige bedspread. It was beautiful. We had an amazing view of the city and just below our balcony was the pool. There was a family down there, a woman and a man with a little boy about two years old and the woman was holding a baby girl. I walked back into the lounge room and checked the minibar. There were prices on the items. I grabbed a chocolate and sat down and ate it. As I was reading through the room service menu, Hands were placed over my eyes.

"Don't look." said Bella.

I did as I was told and I closed my eyes so she could remove her hands. I heard her run back to the bedroom and then run back out. I could hear her clearing the table and lay something down.

"Open!"

Laying in front of me was a beautiful turquoise bikini set with a matching sarong. The bikini had gold clasps. The sarong was turquoise and white. I turned around to see Bella in a rainbow striped one piece and an orange sarong wrapped around her waist.

"When did you get this?" I asked in bewilderment.

"You fell asleep when we were driving here and I stopped at this cute beach shop."

"You sly dog!"

"I prefer the term sly fox."

I got up and hugged her. We then made our way down to the beach. We stayed there until about 3 in the afternoon before we went to have a late lunch, and by late... really late. After that I was exhausted so I went back to our room and fell asleep without taking a shower.