Chapter 13

Once we arrived at Jitters, we immediately ordered our coffee and sat down at one of the high top tables. Amanda seemed happy now that she had her caffeine. We talked to Iris for a little bit. The relationship between Barry and Iris was a little off to me. There was something going on and I could feel it, but who am I to separate Barry from his best and longest friend? I trust him. It's as simple as that.

After an hour or so of sitting in the shop, Barry had gotten a call from Cisco saying they needed him to come down to S.T.A.R. Labs.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" I asked Barry as he grabbed his coffee cup.

"I'm sure, Katie," he said and pulled me into him to kiss my forehead. "I'll let you know what happens later today, okay?"

I nodded and gave him a smile as he left. I sat back down with Amanda and sipped on my caramel latte.

"You're worried about Barry when you shouldn't be," Amanda said quietly, stealing a glimpse of my thoughts. "He is just as fast as you are, Kate. If you can run from trouble, then so can he."

"I know," I sighed. "I just wish I could help him more, you know?"

"I know and he knows that, too. But you have your own trouble to deal with," she pointed out just as her phone started beeping. "Speaking of trouble."

We shared a smirk. We left Jitters and ducked into an alley. Amanda wink before disappearing as I ran home.

I put on my suit and immediately synced it to Amanda's.

"So what's up?" I asked as I dashed out the building, not really sure where I was going.

"There's been multiple power-outs throughout the city. Warehouses and energy storage grids," she said into my ear piece. "I'm at the warehouse by Old Manor Road."

"The old automobile factory?" I asked, coming to a stop and turning around to head north.

"That's the one," she confirmed. "There's something not right about this place."

"Wait for me to get there, Amanda," I warned, picking up speed.

"Calm down, your heart rate is spiking," she said in a low voice.

I ignored her and eventually came across the torn down building. I immediately spotted Amanda's brightly accented suit.

"Found anything?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

She looked at the place, puzzled. "No. There's no one here, yet the powers been drained."

I ran a quick sweep of the place confirming that no one was here before stopping back next to Amanda.

"Let's check some of the other places," I suggested.

She agreed and gave me the address of the next place to go. We ended up splitting up trying to figure out what the hell was going on in Central City.

"There's another spot. The Peter's Electrical Substation is experiencing a power drain right now," Amanda said quickly. "You go check there and I will go check the plant out on Baker Drive."

It was dark out by the time I found my way to the source of the drain. I ran towards the middle of the power field until I came to a sudden stop. I front of me was a man with multiple rays of electricity courses into his body through his hands. He was draining the power from around the city.

"I'm not sure that's such a good idea. I hear electricity can really shock ya," I said trying to get his attention away from absorbing the source of his power.