Part Six

***I do not own InuYasha or any affiliated Character***

True Love is worth waiting for

~*Part 5*~

Rin woke to the sound of several servants running down the hall, blinking the sleep from her eyes she looked out the open screen onto the moonlit garden. It was late, perhaps past midnight. As Servants passed her door, there was panic evident in their hushed voices.

Rin rose to peak out the door but could see nothing. She could tell that most of the voices were in the direction of the courtyard. Why was everyone up at this hour? She wondered stepping into the hall, hoping to find out what was wrong. Perhaps it had something to do with Sesshomaru's absence these past three days.

As she rounded a corner, Jaken literally ran into her. "Rin what are you doing?" he squealed at her "Get back to your room this instance!"

"What is happening Jaken-sama why are so many up at this hour?" She asked looking beyond him to the main door that was thrown open to the night. Two servants were bent over, trying to wipe something off the floor. With a sick feeling in her stomach, she saw that it was blood. A lot of blood, and it trailed off in the direction of his room.

"Is Lord Sesshomaru back?"

"Of course, he is and in a state too!" Jaken continued unaware of the stricken look on her face.

"What happened?"

"He went to meet a challenge put against him. He was ambushed, the underhanded Demon scum, no doubt he knew he couldn't fight Milord alone and brought company!" Jaken huffed indignantly.

Rin blinked several times before his words made sense. She had not known of a challenge. He had been fighting for days?!

"Jaken-Sama is... is he severely injured." She managed to ask.

Jaken ignored the question choosing to instead praise his Lord. "Milord is the greatest Demon of all time; he won, or course. Even with a group fighting alongside that scum, Izinyaso."

Izinyaso... The bear she had shown mercy too. "No..." She whispered as guilt overwhelmed her. "Its all my fault." She had to go to him, make sure he was okay, prey that he was not hurt.

"It is none of your concern Rin. Return to your room at once!" Jaken yelled after her as she ignored him and ran towards Sesshomaru's room. "No one listens to me..." he mumbled as he watched her disappear down the hall "Stupid girl will get herself killed!"

Rin stopped at the door and saw that the blood, while less, was still on the floor in small splashes. Following the path she saw a blood mark on the frame where he had placed his hand, she hesitated before slowly sliding the door open.

Would he send her away? She wondered, but he was hurt, and she wanted to help him if she could.

Slowly she entered the room standing close to the door sliding it shut. She had never been in his room before and was surprised to see that it was on the plain side with only the bare minimum of furniture. Sesshomaru was sitting on the mat, his back to her, a basin of water at his side. His hair and kimono splashed with blood. Whether the blood was his or another she couldn't tell.

He hunched over slightly and with a swift movement and a loud tearing sound he ripped off the left sleeve of the kimono and then began to shrug out of the rest to reveal his well-formed back. He reached for the cloth and started to wipe away the blood from his chest.

Rin hurried to his side, to help him if she could, and it was probably her loud steps that saved her life.

He turned at the sound, eyes red, fangs bared and claws at the ready. Rin froze, wondering, suddenly if he was even aware that it was her. "Lord Sesshomaru I..." she stopped unsure what to say.