Chapter 19: A Little Girl's Wish Come True

I always believed we all leaved this world in peace. But what if you never leave?

Violet was leaving right before my eyes. Her memories were spilled out onto a book Derick held. She didn't hold many memories of Dad but there were few I did not recall.

***
Mother and Dad stood before my crib, holding Violet's hand. Violet was happy, as Momma and Dad had sorrowful looks upon their faces. Violet looked up at Mama and asked, "Will she be okay?"

Mama gave her a faked smile, "Violet, you know that not everything is meant to live." Violet gave a slight nod. "So if Rose doesn't make it-"

"She will." Dad had cut Mama off, "I have given up my time for her to live. If she does not, there will be one demon who will have Hell to pay."

Dad's eyes began to change from a beautiful emerald green to a bright silver. This change didn't frighten Violet at all.

***

"All this time, he had been demon. Sebastian wasn't the reason I am what I am..." I mumbled as I watched her memories flash before me.

James hugged me from behind. "Its fine isn't it?"

I gave a small nod.

***

Her next set of memories was Momma and Dad writing down on many different documents.

"I think that one boy by the railroad tracks would be good," Mama suggested.

"No. Not as long as I'm alive," Dad shot back.

"Fine, then who do you have in mind?"

Dad clicked his tongue, "James Kole Davis. He's perfect. He's strong, handsome, and he was at the kings right hand for centuries!"

Mama didn't seem impressed.

"Lily, please. I know the kid. He will be perfect for Rose! He's incredibly powerful, he can protect her!"

Mama stood up and put her hands on the table, "That will not persuade me to give my daughters hand to that boy."

"Sit down, Lily. You'll upset the spirits."

She did as she was told, "I love James like a son, but I don't know if they will love each other in the future."

Dad rested his head on his hand, becoming board, "Sign the paper, Lily. You know deep down that they will end up loving each other."

Mama wrote James' name on the paper and handed it to Dad. He then walked off through the back door. Mama sighed heavily.

"Oh Phoenix, I hope your right."
***

"Derick, finish here. I think I've seen enough..." I muttered standing up. James stood up behind me and Derick glanced up from his book. He was crouched down next to Violet watching her memories.

"Don't you want to do the honors?"

I shifted my gaze to him, "What do you mean by 'honors'?"

"She was your sister," he made sure to emphasize was. "And you said that you would escort her to Heaven yourself. So I was going to let you do just that."

"What will it take? Another sacrifice? My soul?" I hissed out creasing my eyebrows.

"No. All you have to do is stamp this as completed, then sign the word 'Heaven' right here," he pointed to a blank line in his book.