Boy #1

When I was 7. My sisters and I were spending the night at our mom's best friend's house and she had a son and his cousin was spending the night as well. We were bored and started playing a bunch of games; like tag, hide and go seek, cards, then we started playing truth or dare.

We used to call our mom's friend aunt because they were like sisters and so that made her son kind of like our cousin. But his cousin was basically just like a family friend.

My older sister was upstairs because she didn't want to "play with the little kids" and so it was me, my sister, our cousin, and his cousin. Truth or dare got pretty boring because we were kids and we ran out of stuff to do pretty fast. I mean after "I dare you to kick the tv" and "tell the truth, who do you hate" there's not much left to the game.

It was time to wind down and get ready for bed so we set up the basement floor with the blowup mattresses and sleeping bags so whenever we decided to fall asleep it was ready to go. We put a movie on, The Sandlot, and got comfy in our spots on the floor. From left to right sat: my cousin, his cousin, me, my younger sister, and my older sister. About 30 minutes into the movie my older sister was sleeping and my younger sister and cousin had repositioned themselves at the bottom of the air mattress. By the time the movie ended they were both fast asleep and only me and his cousin were still awake.

He turns toward me and asks, "how come you're still awake, aren't you tired?"

"I could ask you the same thing", I replied.

Shrugging he says, "want to watch another movie?"

"No, just put on regular TV, I think The Cosby Show is on right now." It was about 3am and reruns would play until really late. He changes the input back to the cable and turns the volume down so everybody else wouldn't wake up.

We talk for a while and I find out he's 9 and lives in North Carolina. Then he says something that shocked me, "do you have a boyfriend?"

"No, why"

"Just curious.."

Out of curiosity I reply, "do you have a girlfriend?"

"No" he sighs out of relief. I guess he was hoping I would ask. Who knows. Then after another minute of silence, he adjusted himself in his seated position on the mattress and then I felt a stiff, nervous arm drap around my shoulders.

It was weird because I didn't know why we was touching me; I don't think he had a clue either. I thought about moving away but he was nice and kind of cute so I scooted closer to him and his arm relaxed. We sat in silence for about an hour watching TV and laughing quietly to ourselves.

After the reruns ended he turned the TV off and turned towards me. In the pitch black room I couldn't see him but I heard him ask, "Can I kiss you?"

"Why?" I repsonded.

"Because you're pretty and I want to."

"Okay. But can you even see me?"

He laughs and turns back on the TV but puts the volume on mute.

"Better?"

"You tell m-" and before I finish my sentence his lips are on mine. It didn't last for long but it made him blush and he couldn't stop smiling. He turned back to sit beside me and put his arm back around my shoulders.

"Are you sleepy yet?" He asked before looking over at me and realizing my eyes were already closed and my head was resting in his shoulder.

"Mhm" I repsonded and got more comfortable on his shoulder. He turned the TV back off and repositioned himself on the mattress so that he was laying down and brought me with him. With my back to his front, and his arm comfortably under my neck we drifted to sleep, but before I was completely unconscious I felt his hand around my wait pulling me closer to him.

The next morning we woke up to "awww, look a them cuddling," from my aunt and mom. Embarrassed he jumped up and straightened his shirt. His cheeks flushed pink and he started to apologize. I turned on to my back and looked up at my mom who was telling him, "no need to apologize you probably just rolled over in your sleep. I'm surprised she didn't kick you off of her with how wild she sleeps."

My mom and aunt both laughed and returned up stairs but not before saying "breakfast will be ready soon."