Chapter One

POV:Mitchell
Fuck!!!! I hate the people here and the women are all whores. Why can't they understand that I don't want them or their fish asses. I walked out of my office frustrated with yet another pathetic attempt by my father to set me up. All the women he sends my way are lanky pale and flat in every area. Why can't he understand that I want dark chocolate not some weird imitation. I loosened my tie and pressed the button to the bottom floor. I hate wearing a noose around my neck but it's a part of professional dress so it is something that I must "simply endure" if I want to leave a lasting impression. I sigh heavily and proceed to look around before finally deciding to walk outside cautiously, I might add to my limo in case someone wanted me dead this week. Im a rich man it happens a lot, more often than I'm comfortable with. I see my driver pull up and I hop in as quickly as I can. "Anywhere but here." I say with a monotone. "Yes sir." The ride takes forever and when we stopped at long last I was more than dumbfounded. We were in the parking lot of a school building. "Why are we here Dave?" I ask trying to keep calm while hoping he had a logical explanation for this enormous error. He didn't even flinch displaying that he wasn't afraid of me and answered with a tone equally as monotonic as mine.

"Your sister wants us to pick up your nephew and take him with us...something about teaching him responsibility." Oh yea he has been acting out lately. I know it's the wolf hormones and he probably needs a run but his mother was worried for some reason because he is a few years early. So I told her I would talk to him. He walks out and he is the spitting image of my younger self. Blonde hair, hazel green eyes and a look of pure defiance written all over his face. I quickly swing my door open and try to get out. I hear a loud thud and a female voice groan in pain.

POV: Jordan

"Get the fuck up and cook my breakfast or so help me God I will break your damn arm."
Well goodmorning to you too mom. Yes my eye is still black from the last beating. Oh and my ribs still hurt when I breath but that's okay I'll still cook your breakfast. I rolled out of the bed and slid on one of the three pairs of pants I had and slowy slipped on my only shirt. I got up agonizingly slow and creeped down the hall and into the kitchen. "What does everyone want?" I croaked out barely able to speak above a whisper.
"2 eggs each, 3 pancakes each, a glass of oj and some bacon." Mary yelled out. I looked behind me and saw Adam, Damon, Linda,Teaira, Jaylan, Carter Matt, and Mary all looking at me with devious smiles. Matt and Linda, Adam and Carter are my step siblings and Jaylan, Damon, Teaira and Mary are my real siblings. My mom married Cj about 3 years ago and I thought for sure I was saved because ever since my dad died when I was younger my mum has taken every opportunity to blame me for it. She even got my siblings to do it too. It had nothing to do with her being depressed over his death but instead she was pissed that she didn't get his money. It was left to me...he changed it after they divorced the year before he died. When she married Cj I was so happy because that would mean he would move in and she would stop hitting me...or at least that's what I thought more or less. When she did marry him instead of it stopping it got worse and he even began to join in. "Where is my little whore, Adam?"
"She's just started cooking because she wanted to sleep in late." As soon as he said that I began to panic. "She did? Well we'll have to fix that." He walked close behind me and I could feel his hot breath on my skin and I could smell the drugs he had just taken upstairs. "Angela come finish breakfast for me, I have to take care of this little bitch here." He leaned in close to my ear and whispered the words I dreaded hearing. "The big room now and make sure you're naked." I rushed and did as I was told for fear it would result in a much harsher punishment if I didn't hurry. The room was dark with no windows and only one door. He walked in and chained me to the wall and pulled out a whip."Count" he said in a deadly tone as he hit me everywhere. I was at 45 when he finally stopped. "Now get dressed and head to school." I stood on shakey legs and put on the same clothes from earlier and ran to school. I ran to the bathroom to clean the blood that had ran out from the lashes. I changed my blood soaked shirt and put on a less bloody one before sliding on a hoodie I took from Mary. The shirt was hers too.I rushed to school and ran to class wincing in pain the whole way. I walked in near the end of fifth period and slid in the back of the class again wincing in pain. I was zoned out the entire day and only realized it when my friend Marcus told me. " You look like shit." He said trying to lighten the mood at the lunch table. He saw the bruises and knew where they were from. He was in a similar situation and we talked about it together and that's how we became friends. He was pushed out the window a few years ago by his dad and I found  him moaning in pain so I helped out."Your mum or CJ?"
"What mum?" I replied.He looked down defeated before walking off. I'll apologize later so that he wouldn't  feel bad. He probably suffered this morning as well. It was evident form the limp he had.
When lunch was over I rushed outside to try and catch the bus that would be here any second. I had to make dinner tonight like every other night. I never get to finish an entire day of school. I always leave a few hours before the end of the day.
I sprinted through the parking lot in order to get there quickly. I was almost to the bus stop when I had the wind knocked out of me by a car door? I doubled over in pain and looked up and saw a blurry face before I was consumed by darkness.