Understanding

Where did you go?"

The leaves on the tree above you swayed softly, along the rhythm of the wind that blew serenely. Sitting in the shadows, you have your legs tucked to your chest, your head resting on the arms that wrap around your legs. Your [color] hair floating under the wind's carry.

[color] irises darken deeply as you looked down on the glimmering grass under you.

The full moon is out tonight. It shined its lunar light upon everything, making them all show out beautifully, despite it being night time. Lights from lamp posts are turned off, so everything isn't as bright as the daylight.

You wipe the trailing tears from your eyes and cheeks and continued to sit there. Closing your eyes, you indulge in your dreams and inner thoughts, falling into a deep sleep.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Are you okay?" came a voice. It sounded like a young boy.
"Oh.. Yeah. I'm fine..." you answered.
"You're, [name] [last name], aren't you?"
"Yeah... And aren't you that popular, Sasuke Uchiha?"
"Sigh.. It's not that great, being popular."
"Maybe not, but at least some people care about you, right?"
"To the point that it gets a bit crazy."
"..."

You looked over to your side to find the Sasuke Uchiha looking up to the sky, next to you. Both of you hugged your knees and looked up. The sky was perfect. A shinning sun, flowers of all sorts blooming in season. The wind sweeping the air in one direction. The village seemed a bit like a doll house with the way, you sat on a hill, away from the village.

"What are you doing here?"
"... Nothing much..."
"I.. heard that your parents died in an accident, didn't they? Mine did, too. Well, not in an accident."
"....... Not that surprising. Everyone seems to be alive one minute, but die a second later. Things go by too fast here."

Looking back to Sasuke, you noticed that in his expressionless eyes, a part of sadness lingered there. And you both said, nor did a thing. The silence between you two was understanding.

"I have to go. I need to practice on my shurikens, and jutsus at home. Bye, [name]."

And he left. Sasuke got up, dusted himself before sparing a look at you and ran off. It was just you again. But it didn't matter. At least, that's what you had thought.

Everyday whenever school was over, you would go sit on your favorite place, staring into space and wondering nothing, and you would wait. A moment later, Sasuke trudges up the hill and would sit by you, almost shoulder to shoulder. It wasn't a bad thing. He may be silent, but he was very considerate of your feelings and space. And after hours of sitting on the bed of green, he would get up and go home to train. You would then feel a bit disappointed.
But you didn't falter. Everyday, you would sit and watch in waiting. Looking down at the village, looking for the spiky blue hair, raven blue sweater and white shorts.
It went on for a couple years.
Then came a question.

"Sasuke?"
"Hn?"
"Will we be able to do this sort of thing everyday? For the rest of our lives?"
"....If we can, then I want to continue this. It's not bad to be here with you."
"... Thanks."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But that didn't seem to go as planned. Itachi and Kisame from the Akatsuki later came to Konoha, and Sasuke tried to pursue him, which lead him to be in a terrible mood.

The atmosphere between you two didn't seem right, but you didn't need to ask. You heard about it. You somehow didn't understand, but you sort of did at the same time. Anger. You had it, too when you saw your parents disappear.

And that worst thing to add to that was that he stopped coming. Rumors of him going rogue were spreading all over the village, but you didn't want to hear them. You didn't listen. You would tell yourself that it's a lie. You would ignore them and wait everyday. Sometimes when he didn't show, you'd think he was late, or maybe sick. Or maybe on a mission.

He'd always come back and sit next to you. But this time, he didn't. You wondered if he had went somewhere and forgot about you. Even though you both can see each other everyday, you never said a thing. But that was understanding. Considering that you didn't want to let them know.

Now opening your eyes, you recalled the day when you say a pink haired girl, Sakura on the bench and Sasuke walking out to the village gates. You hide in the trees and leaned down to take a look at him. He had a tired expression. Stopping just before the gates, he turned to your form. Then he left.

He knew that you'd understand.

You turn off your thoughts and looked at the moon.

"...Are you looking at the moon, too?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Under the moonlight somewhere on the fields, Sasuke sat down, while Karin and the others are asleep. With his life as it is, it's not such a terrible idea to look up at the moon, since everyone is noisy in the morning.

In fact, he wished that he could see you under the moonlight.

He could imagine it. Your skin a glowing, and your [color] hair looking soft, and your expression, seeming to be sleepy, like a dreamy look.
Everything was looking nice in his mind, but he wanted to know how you are after years. Maybe you grew more beautiful looking. More beautiful than Sakura or the others. He is quite curious.

"[name]... Do you see the moon, too?"