05.

"He only fucked you over cause you let him."

OSHEA JACKSON.

We pulled up to his mothers house and parked into the driveway. I needed to think of lie so, I could go see if Kennedy was alright. Jacquees turned the car off and opened up his side of the door.

"Fuck is you waiting for?" He said in a stern voice while getting out.

"I need to go check on my mama right quick man. But, I'ma meet you at the spot." I lied but he didn't notice thankfully.

He nodded and then closed the car door back.

I pulled off from the driveway and literally sped down the road back to the apartment. I parked on the curb and could see people gathered up by the door. Was she dead? I quickly got out I the car and rushed up the steps to the door. I moved through the people that were gathered around and some old lady grabbed my shoulder.

"Please help that screaming baby. We don't know if the mother or father is home or not."

I simply nodded and proceed to walk to the door. I grabbed the key that was under the rug and opened the door, I quickly closed it behind me so nobody else could come in. Kamari's screams were the only things that could be heard. I quickly ran to the bedroom and seen that Kennedy was in fact knocked out unconscious. Shit. I walked over to Kamari who was laying on the floor and wiggling around.

His face was red and so was his body. I picked him up and rocked him in my arms. I needed to take Kennedy to a hospital and fast. I walked back to the door and opened it, I gave Kamari to the old lady who was also the neighbor.

"I have to take his mother to the hospital please, don't give him to his father."

She nodded and walked inside of her apartment. I walked back inside and ran to the back. I picked Kennedy up bridal style and hurried out of the apartment. I placed her in the backseat inside of the car. I rushed over to the drivers seat and started the car. The car ride felt slow because of all the traffic. I just really hope she wasn't dying.

We had finally made it to the hospital and I got out of the car and rushed to the backseat. I picked her up again bridal style and walked into the hospital. Her body was limp and dry blood had stained her face.

"I need some help! She's unconscious." I screamed and two nurses instantly came over to me. They placed her body on one of the bed and rushed her down the hall. Another nurse instructed me to have a seat in the waiting room and they'll tell me when I could see her again. That is if she was still alive.

[five hours later.]

"Family of Kennedy Pullins?" A doctor came out with a clipboard in his hand.

I stood up and walked over towards him. "Is she okay?"

He nodded. "She is breathing on her own but, she is in a coma and we don't know when she will come out. She could've died if she took more hits to the head. Would you like to see her?"

I nodded and followed him as we walked into her room. She laid there peacefully with bandages on her face and stitches. "Could you leave us alone for a second? I wanna talk to her."

He nodded and walked out of the room. I sat down in a chair that was close to her bed and grabbed her hand. I rubbed it softly and spoke in a low tone. "Kennedy, listen you have to leave him. He's dangerous, he's bound to kill you and it'll kill me if I wouldn't be able to see your face everyday. Please wake up Kennedy, please."

--
comment and vote.