| Wake Me Up | Wonwoo/Mingyu - Seventeen

•/•/•/•
While writing down the ever growing list of imagines, I decided to add in a few of my own. And what better way to kickstart the book with some Meanie angst? Am I right or am I right?
~psyche
•/•/•/•

Word Count: 611
Genre: Angst
Summary: One little prank pushes Mingyu off the edge. Wonwoo loses the most important person in his life.

Beep

Everything around us was silent, save for the beeping of the stupid heart monitor. It made everything about the situation even more real than it had already been.

Beep

Watching his chest as it rose with each breath should have been comforting. Seeing the peaceful look on his face should have soothed my nerves. He looked to calm. So at peace. So.. So dead.

Beep

Coming here became less of a thing of occasion and more of a routine. I sat here and watched him after every practice, every performance. Seeing him this way, no matter how much I denied it, took a toll on me. Anyone could see it.

Beep

I don't remember the last time I slept through the night. Sleep had become such a distant memory since it all happened. Since I killed my best friend.

"Wonwoo. Wonwoo! Are you listening to me? Would you stop laughing for one damned second!"

Beep

"Chill out Mingyu. You can just wash out the glue. Come on, I'll help."

Beep

"No! I've had enough! It was funny at first but you've got to stop!" He was so angry. I should've listened. Apologised.

Beep

"Yah! Mingyu it was just a prank. No harm done." I just kept laughing. Why did I keep laughing?

Beep

"I asked you to stop. Why won't you just stop?" Tears were falling from his eyes at this point. I kept laughing. God, why was I so damn stupid?

Beep

"I can't do this anymore, Wonwoo. I can't be your friend if you won't treat me right."

He ran out of the house because of me. He got hit by that stupid car because of me. He can't breath on his own because of me. He's in a coma because of me.

I killed my best friend.

I killed him.

Beep. Beep.

His heart rate picked up. They said that could mean he was waking up. Or that he was letting go.

Beep. Beep.

His hand twitched. His lips started to move, mouthing words to me.

Wake me up. Before it's too late.

Beep. Beep.

What was he trying to say? What did it mean?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I shook him, gently at first. Then sounds started to come from his mouth.

"Wake me up. Please. Before it's too late. Wake me up!"

His voice was a hoarse whisper. The words coming from his mouth made my heart stop. He was suffering. I yelled out for a nurse, anyone, to come and help.

Beep beep. Beep. Beep.

His body started to jerk to and fro, doctors and nurses struggling to keep his movements at bay. Tears were falling from my eyes. He was hurting. I couldn't help him.

Beep beep beep. Beep.

Doctors moved frantically to slow his heart rate. They didn't notice his eyes open. They didn't see the look on his face. They didn't see it.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep beep.

He had a terrified look on his face. He was dying and he knew it. We all knew it. Tears started to fall down his pale cheeks. He was being torn apart from the inside. Because of me.

Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep.

He grabbed onto my hand, holding onto it for dear life.

"I-I forgive.. I forgive you."

Beep.

Beep.

Beeeeep.

He flatlined. He died right in front of me. My best friend. My other half. He died.

The last thing he ever said was that he forgave me. I killed him.

It was all my fault. I should have been a better friend.

A better person.

Now I lost all I had.

And I was the only one to blame.