CHAP 11 - Getting Agitated

DEREK/MR. SILVER'S TRUCK ==>

SORRY IT IS SHORT! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

“Do you need a ride to my house or are you going to follow?” Mr. Silver asked as soon as the last class had cleared out.

“I need to see what Sylvia is doing. She rode with me so I may just let her drive my jeep back.” I explained and he nodded. After about ten minutes of waiting, we still saw no sight of Sylvia or Brien for that matter.

“I don’t understand why they are not here yet. Sylvia and Brien always meet me here after school.” I stated looking down the hall for either one of them. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed Sylvia’s number.

“If you wanted Sylvia then you unfortunately have the right number. Leave a message and I might get back to you. Make it short bitches.” Her voice filled my ears followed by a beep.

“Where are you?” Was all I said before ending the call. I dialed Brien next.

“Hey-ho!! It’s Brien here! Sorry you missed me I am most likely busy with some honeys! Leave a message or try back later! Peace!” I groaned and didn’t even bother leaving a message.

“It went straight to both of their voice mails. Sylvia never cuts off her phone unless she is hav-busy.” I quickly covered blushing slightly and he chuckled obviously knowing what I was going to say.

“I see. What about Brien?” Derek asked.

“I don’t know. He has always had his phone on every time I call.” I muttered. My phone went off and I quickly answered not bothering looking to see who it was.

“Sylvia?” I hoped.

“Yeah it’s me. I caught a ride with Brien home so you could have the Jeep. Sorry I forgot to give you a heads up.” She replied out of breath. Oh my-No way!

“Why was your phone off?” I asked not sure I wanted to know.

“Did not realize it was. My phone has been an ass lately.” She responded hurriedly as her breathing became slightly more normal. I shuddered knowing she was lying to me.

“Ok. I will talk to you later.” I tried to ignore the hurt I felt.

“See ya chicka!” She ended the conversation and I shoved my phone back into my pants pocket. I cannot believe she just lied to me. She has never lied to me. I knew she was having sex like I had originally suspected. Brien was just with her and also had his phone off which meant one thing. They were secretly hooking up behind my back. It all made sense now. That is why she wanted the house to herself. How could she do this to Dylan? He had been dead for barely three months and she was already getting cozy with another guy? Was I seriously the only one who saw something wrong with that? Was I the only one that still missed him? Was I the only one who cared?

“She left with Brien. We can go now I will follow you.” I spoke up walking towards the exit trying to push the previous thoughts out of my head. I was beginning to get angry.

“You alright?” Derek asked sensing my sour mood.

“Yeah I am fine.” I lied forcing a smile.

“Good to see Sylvia is somewhat getting along with Brien. That is a huge improvement.” He joked and I snorted just thinking about the little spikey haired weasel. I hated that it was affecting me so much. I felt like it was way too soon for her to be moving on but this could just be her way of dealing. I was judging and I never judge. At least I never used to. I should be there for her no matter what but here I was getting upset because she was sneaking around with Brien. She probably knew I would react like this. That is probably why she never told me. Even trying to rationalize the situation did not ease my mood. I wanted to hit something, maybe starting with Brien. No. I should not be thinking like that. He was our friend and I should not be thinking of aggressive thoughts such as these. I did not know what was happening to me. I have been getting increasingly agitated over the last couple of weeks. I had no idea why though. I felt suddenly calmer and warm instantly and I looked to see Derek had placed his hand on my shoulder.

“You sure you are ok?” He asked concerned and I took a deep breath.

“Yeah just thinking. My Jeep is right over there.” I assured heading through the almost completely empty parking lot.

“My truck is across from yours.” He pointed and I looked to see a black, green, and grey custom Toyota Tundra.

“Nice truck.” I commented and he smiled making my insides twist.

“Thank you. I love your Jeep. Classic.” He looked over at my baby and I smiled.

“Thank you. I love it.” I walked over to it and got in placing my bag in the passenger seat. I backed out of my spot and waited for him to do the same so I could follow his lead. After about ten minutes of driving, he made a left turn down a small dirt path in the woods and I felt my chest tighten. I had not been anywhere near the woods since what happened to Dylan. I followed him and kept my eyes darting to the trees passing by. It was still really light out so I did not think I would see any wolves jump out anytime soon. They stuck to night time right? A few minutes later we came to a stop and I got out. I never would have thought he lived in the woods. Just my luck.