Chapter 1: The path of thinking

Standing beside Layfon, Naruki had said something unbelievable in the training room.

"Let me join the platoon."

Nina looked at Naruki, shocked numb by her request. She was holding a dirty cloth and a Dite. Pretty bubbles adorned the cloth. On the floor beside her were a bucket and another Dite. Liquid effective in preventing slippage churned in the bucket.

Layfon had left the school building after class with Meishen, Mifi and Naruki. When he realized only Naruki was left beside him, he was shocked to find out he had already arrived outside the Training Complex. And then Naruki had urged him to enter the Complex. What came next was her request.

"And what is that for?"

Nina wiped her hand with a clean piece of cloth and stood up to face Naruki. Layfon stepped back to look at the two of them. The 17th platoon had participated in another match after the match with the 10th platoon, but Naruki didn't attend. Naruki hadn't come to the Training Complex after the match with the 10th platoon. It wasn't because she was being arrogant or that she was worried about something, and Layfon and everyone found that fairly normal. She only entered the platoon to investigate the 10th platoon's drug dealing. She had failed to find anything, and later on, the Student President had ordered the City Police to stop the investigation. Even so, Naruki participated in the match against the 10th platoon to witness the happenings. Everyone, including Naruki herself, thought she had no reason to stay in the platoon anymore. Layfon had thought that she was putting all her effort in the City Police. She was striving hard to become the Chief of Police. He thought that, but.........

"Of course, that's if senpai thinks I can be of use."

"Yeah, I understand that part. But why?"

"Um......I understand my immaturity......" she mumbled and glanced at Layfon.

"Hmm......"

Nina caught that glance. Layfon knew Naruki and Nina were concerned with his past, but he felt that Naruki wasn't as concerned before participating in the platoon match. He noticed Nina had caught that glance.

"Is that so?......Well then, how about we try a test?"

"Huh?"

Layfon widened his eyes. He hadn't been listening.

"You did a test too when you first joined. This is about the same."

"But........."

Nina nodded, noticing what Layfon wanted to say. "Yes, I'm the one who wants her to join. But I also tested you when you joined. I'll hold back somewhat this time too."

Now that Nina had brought back the time when he first joined, Layfon didn't know what expression to make.

"I don't think there's a need to confirm your strength, but there's something else I want to confirm. What do you say?"

"I understand," Naruki nodded with a strange expression.

Looking happy, Nina took out her Dite and restored it.

"........."

With tension on her face, Naruki took out the two Dites from her weapon harness and restored them. They were a baton and a rope. The baton was the same as a police baton, except it didn't have the police symbol. That Dite was made by Harley. Naruki wrapped the rope around her left wrist and using her left hand, took something out of her pocket and tossed it to Layfon. It was the badge of the 17th platoon, meaning she'd accept it if she passed the test.

"How about I give you some time to take some advice from Layfon?"

"I don't need it."

"Really......Well then, let's begin," Nina declared with an "I won't lose" kind of air.