The Outskirts

The video on the right shows what the world would kind of look like. Its of my favourite game eveeeer called Fallout 3. You dont have to watch it but if you want a better look at how the post-apocalyptic world would kind of look then its best to watch it also  I get alot of inspiration from the game so it would help get an image while reading :)

 The wind picked up as Little Sister carried her bloody, bruised body across the dead planes of The Outskirts. The dust flew by and skittered across the dry dirt, whilst the sinking sun bared down harshly, warming her skin ever so slightly.

Her heavy boots crunched atop the debris that now scattered over the ground, becoming more and more persistant in their appearance. Behind her broken buildings and skyscrapers that had been vandalised and destroyed  rose high in the distance behind, piercing into the slowly darkening sky. Purple. A deep shade that was beginning to pollute above. The sun slowly began to hide itself behind the horizon, not even the sun would want to be here when the darkness came.

It was getting late, but safety was so close, no. Not safety. You're never safe in a place like this. But a place to stay. Any place with a roof would protect a person from the night and the creatures that roam there.

The land was not flat, but bumpy with small grassless hills. Rocks spotted the otherwise empty land, not including the faded, broken road that ran through and the junk thats scattered around, old bits of rusted metal, wood and what-not. Little caves were hidden between the rocks, caves that ran underground and hid all the wild animals and dark monsters. Its best to avoid those, get too close and some of the animals will run out and attack. Wild hogs, big cats, wolves and the infamous Liox. 50% lion, 50% fox, 100% vicious and deadly.

The Outer Wall of Salvation City came into view as she dragged her aching legs over a fairly steep hill. A few more minutes of walking forward and avoiding 'deactivated' mines, until she was finally face to face with the rusted gate that sat between the two guard towers. She reached her small hand up to grab at a thick rope that dangled from the right tower and gave an all mighty tug sending a chime to ring out through the town  Of Outer.

A loud creak and shuffle of metal grinding on metal sounded through the quiet deserted lands, the outskirts. The gate rose slowly, the sound of it loud enough in the almost dark night. The sun licked the edge of the sky, sending its last beams of light over the lands, but slowly it faded away to leave nothing but the darkness.

She was left in a haze of inky night, the only thing to be seen was the light filtering out from under the slowly rising gate, still the whine it created echoing over the small hills. 

A loud boom of animal cries sounded out from the distance, as well as the less pleasant screeches of the hideous creatures that were still yet to be named by the towns people. The gate finally came to a halt as two bulky shadowy figures aproached through it.

"LITTLE SISTER!" Two heavy russian accents sang out as they bounded forward and encased the small 16 year old in a tight squeeze. "We missed your little skinny butt."  "We were very worried."  "Yes, very worried for you." "You said two days. Three days max. Yet five days later and here you are."  "Here. you. are. Bleeding and covered in bruises!"  They both took turns speaking and stood with their hands sassily placed on their hips. Boulder and Brutus. The biggest oafs there are in Salvation City.   "OH WHERE IS YOUR JACKET YOUNG LADY?" "AREN'T YOU COLD. LOOK AT WHAT YOU'RE WEARING!?"

She glanced down at her outfit. Dark army boots, green camouflage pants, and a black crop top t-shirt. It was her favourite outfit. Easy to run in, not constricitng and doesnt get in the way. She needs to be as comfortable as she can be with the reputaion she had, she had to be able to put people in their place on their ass quickly.