Chapter One

.Three weeks later.

*Ian's POV*

"Asshole," Jamie called Ryan as Ryan shot him, killing him and ruining his kill streak.

Ryan laughed. "Not my fault you suck."

I snickered, listening to them as he tuned his bass. Nash scrolled through Twitter, snacking on Chex-Mix.

Less than a second later, my phone started to vibrate from my pants pocket. I pulled my phone out and looked. My cousin's contact photo took up most of my screen. I stood up and pressed answer. As I put the phone up to my ear, I began walking to the kitchen so I could hear better. "Hello?"

"Hey," she greeted. To me, she sounded quieter, like something was bothering her.

I frowned. "What's the matter?" I asked her, worried.

"Doug's-"

I cut her off. "We've all told you before he's no good."

"I'm not with him again."

"Good." I replied. I had never liked Doug. He acted like he was too good for anyone. Plus he and Quinn were always on and off. To me, he just seemed like a fuckboy.

"His new girlfriend and her friends are talking about jumping me."

I sighed. "I wish I could help.."

"Could I stay with you over the Summer? I know it's a lot to ask... But I don't want to stay in this town. I need a break.."

"Quinn..."

"Ian... Please."

"I have an extra room..." I paused, hesitated. "...Okay.. You can spend the summer with me."

"Thank you so much!I couldn't ask for a better cousin." She responded happily

"When are you coming?"

"Is next week okay?"

"I don't think I have anything planned Thursday. I can pick you up from the airport. You have the money for a plane ticket?"

"Yeah," she replied.

I smiled. "I'll see you next week."

"Okay, bye, Ian. "

"Bye," I hung up the phone.

I walked back out. "Who ya' talking to out there?" Nash asked, glancing up from his phone.The guys all looked at me, seeing Jamie and Ryan's Call Of Duty match hadn't started.

"My cousin, Quinn. She's going to come stay with me this summer."

"Nice," Ryan replied. Jamie flipped his hair slightly.

"And remember, she's my family guys."

"All the better," Ryan replied. We all laughed lightly. Although I laughed, I wasn't exactly sure if he was kidding. I certainly hoped he was.

"When she coming?" Nash asked.

"Next Thursday."

"Oh shit the match started," Jamie slapped Ryan's arm slightly to get his attention. I flopped back down on the couch, smiling slightly as I went back to messing with my bass.