Almost A Love Story

“It’s been cold summer’s night when we drifted apart…

Cold summer’s night when you walked out the door…”

Josh: I almost die.. ni hindi sumagi sa utak ko that this kind of things will happen… I love her so much… She is my life… I have so many plans between the two of us… And one of those is to be her groom on our wedding day… to be her husband, to be the one who would take care of her until the end of time…

10 YEARS LATER..

(on the principal’s office)

Mrs. Rodrigo: Ma’am I am really sorry, we’ve done all our best. Pero matigas po talaga ang ulo ng anak niyo.

Mrs. Romualdes: Ma’am I’m begging you. My son would be graduating next year. Please, wag niyo po siyang patalsikin dito sa skul niyo. Please give us a last chance.

Mrs. Rodrigo: Pero…

Mrs. Romualdes: Ma’am I’m begging you. Please?

Mrs. Rodrigo: okay, okay, okay! But this would be the very last chance that I would admit your son in this school. Mrs. Romualdes, this is the last chance. Am I clear?

Mrs. Romualdes: yes, ma’am.  (sobbing)

Mrs. Rodrigo: Mr. Joshua Romualdes, I was hoping that everything was clear to you.

Josh: yes, ma’am! (pagalit na sagot ni josh)

(Sa bahay ng mga Romualdes)

Mrs. Romualdes: prepare yourself. Your father was very disappointed on what you’ve done. You’re the black sheep of this family, ni hindi mo na inisip ang magiging kahihinatnan ng mga bagay na pinaggagagawa mo.

The next day…

Josh: Bullshit naman oh! Alam niyo mga pre, pinagalitan ako ng magaling kong ama kagabi, hindi na daw ako nahiya! Eh, bat naman ako mahihiya?

Alvin: well pare, you’re right. Haha. Know why? Kasi di na ata tayo tinatablan ng hiya.

(nagtawanan ang magkakabarkada)

Cindy: ui, Thea may gawa ka na bang project?

Althea: wala pa nga eh, ikaw?

Cindy: Wala pa rin eh. Gawa tayo mamaya if you have time?

Althea: okay.

Josh: ui, mga dudes. Sino yung cute na girl nayun?

Thony: Ah, yun.  Althea daw name nun. Transferee.

Josh: Infairness she’s gorgeous! I like her!

Alvin: asa ka namang magugustuhan ka non. Balita ko honour student siya.

Josh: really? Good, good…

Thony: Good?

Josh: yes, san ka pa? matalino na maganda pa?

Josh: and that was the day that I fell inlove with Althea. It felt really good every time that I saw her. I introduced myself to her; I insisted to court her pero di siya pumayag. Hindi ako sumuko, kinulit ko siya para pumayag na magpaligaw sakin…

Althea: shut up! Okay, okay, okay, okay, fine!!!! I’ll give you just one chance in one condition. From now on you will promise to yourself na titigilan mo na ang pagiging basag-ulero mo.

Josh: pero….

Althea: walang pero pero! Ano, is it a deal?

Josh: Beginning from that day, I started convincing myself that I would do everything and anything for her kahit pa buhay ko ang kapalit. Since then, I started listening to the teachers, gumagawa ako na ako ng assignments and projects. And then, I suddenly realized that studying is not a difficult thing to do...