Cold Winters

Once, it was a beautiful day in the woods where dusk to dawn was just right. There lived a tribe who loved nature and its creatures. The tribe leader had a daughter with divine beauty a deep desire to see the winter snow. She was a friend to a brave warrior of her father's tribe. According to the legend, she and the handsome warrior had the greatest love that was stronger than a thousand men. The handsome warrior Kai wondered off to the woods in order to search for a precious stone to give to the chief's daughter Piani and he may ask for her hand in marriage. As he arrived, Kai found a cave and noticed the beautiful stone in the mysterious cave water. Kai reached out his hand to touch this stone and fell in the icy water.
His flesh formed blue and icy while his eyes were made out of pure crystals. His hair was white like snow and seemed to feel cursed and blessed along with his new winter powers. When he returned to his village to inform of his amazing encounter at the magical cave of wonders, the chief of the tribe was frightened of Kai's new powers and forced him in exile for eternity. As soon as Piani heard this distressing news she felt very sadden by this. Her heartache led her to depart the village during the night in search for Kai. Together, they would meet at the mystical cave.
While Kai tried to explain what happened to his body, she interrupted him asking, "Kai, why would you go through all of this trouble?" He hesitated and spoke out, " To give you this ring and to tell you that I will always love you." Piani was speechless and replied to him, " I love you too Kai, and my heart will always belong to you. " Afterwards, a sound came from the woods from the beating drums. Warriors rushed in from the east towards the west where the two lovers are. Once they've located where the chief's daughter was, their orders were to escort her back to the village. She rebelled against her father's orders and defended Kai by persuading the warriors that there is no flaw in him. They were not convinced and forced her to separate. Kai was enraged with their actions and created a cold front every time she was a step further. Right before he was about to get struck with an arrow, Piani ran towards him. She engulfed him with her embrace for the last time and her heart was pierced by the poison tipped arrow. Now Kai was full of pure rage while his soul shattered into a million pieces. He generated a snow storm that nearly destroyed a whole forest. According to legend, once a year when it would be the coldest day, the story reveals the day his heart was tormented from losing his true love. However, the weather would be filled with warmth and enlightenment, only if the broken spirit was relieved from his pain.