The Making of a Dream Night

Alright, now let me set the scene for you. So it was March 14 senior year in high school, my best friend and I had just started dating a few weeks ago. It was right before prom and we had both had a crush on each other ever since about 3 grade. I was at practice and the football team came in with the cheerleaders. The band started playing and in a split second my whole team was gone and I was left all alone in the middle of the gym when he came in with a crown and asked me to be his girlfriend. I had always wanted to go to prom with him. You know how pretty much every little girl dreams of her dream wedding, well I was planning the perfect prom for me and him. 

       It was a week before prom and I haven't found a dress. Me and my best friend Spencer (number 7 on the volleyball team) had gone shopping at almost every single dress store in the whole state of Kansas and nobody had anything that I liked.  My step-mother doesn't believe in a prom date, she thinks that there is only one thing that he wants and its not my hand in mariage or my heart. 

"Why am I paying for a dress when it's not even going to fit you when he gets you pregnant?" she had said. I wanted to tell her right then that  Lucas wasn't like that but I knew that we would get into a big fight adn I wouldn't see her again for another couple months.

"Mom you know that I'm not like that, I promissed you that I wouldn't until I'm out of collage and have a good paying job and live out on my own," It took everything in me just to say that, how could she be so inconsiderate to think that he just wanted to get in bed with me, and that I would even allow that to happen!